Re: New file uploaded to BCD396XT

  • tomvanderpool
    Message 1 of 23 , Aug 2, 2009
      Jan (and interested others),

      That's the answer (You have to DOWNLOAD the file and THEN open it) but it preplexes me as to "why"? Other pdf type files can just be clicked on. I have just tried generating the file using a different "pdf maker" with the same results - ie garbage.

      So that leaves me unsure as to how to "Fix" this (without spending a ton of money on Adobe products <g>).

      Tom

      --- In BCD396XT@yahoogroups.com, "JAN FINE" <janfine@...> wrote:

      > That's because it is not a file for you to open and look at.
      > It is a file that is used by a program.
      > You save the file on your computer then open it from within its appropriate program.

    • JAN FINE
      Message 2 of 23 , Aug 2, 2009
        These are not PDF files. If you have a PDF reader and you double click on a PDF file your computer automatically opens the file with your PDF reader. (Probably Adobe)

        Files that end in the mem folder are for Butel software.
        Files in the folder USAD are Uniden Software files.
        The USAD files can be opened with any of the USAD software currently out there. If you open a file created for the 396T with the BC246 software you have to open each file and save it because they are stored in different formats. So if you download it and use it before it is opened then saved you will get an error.

        Remember Uniden's software for the xt model scanners is not out yet.
        You will import the files on the internet into FreeScan or Butel's software. The import in under the FILES section of the menu.

        That's the answer (You have to DOWNLOAD the file and THEN open it) but it preplexes me as to "why"? Other pdf type files can just be clicked on. I have just tried generating the file using a different "pdf maker" with the same results - ie garbage.

        So that leaves me unsure as to how to "Fix" this (without spending a ton of money on Adobe products <g>).

        Tom

        --- In BCD396XT@yahoogroups.com, "JAN FINE" <janfine@...> wrote:

        > That's because it is not a file for you to open and look at.
        > It is a file that is used by a program.
        > You save the file on your computer then open it from within its appropriate program.

      • Derek Helling
        Message 3 of 23 , Aug 2, 2009
          Try using Foxit instead of Adobe.

          Derek

          Message 4 of 23 , Aug 2, 2009
            He was replying to a message about the file *I* had recently uploaded which IS a pdf but does NOT open when just downloaded. It appears to be version 1.4 (also tried a version 1.5) that operates this way. Mark's pdf just above it (version 1.6 I think) seems to operate as you would expect. I have no explanation and have tried a couple variations with the "pdf builders" I have at my disposal. No success.

            So, until I find a cure, "please download and open" is the answer I have for now. It does seem to work in that manner, although I would like to find a "better way".

            Message 5 of 23 , Aug 2, 2009
              I'm using Foxit. <g>

              But that's only to open. Made it a couple of different ways, nothing I can think of seem to be "the answer".

              Tom

              --- In BCD396XT@yahoogroups.com, Derek Helling <dereklh2001@...> wrote:

              > Try using Foxit instead of Adobe.
              >
              > Derek
            • john bucki
              Message 6 of 23 , Aug 2, 2009
                I have the BuTel arc-xt pro This radio Ref has got me?? Says Disconnected wait retriving HTT data also on 396 996 software Help

                john

                To: BCD396XT@yahoogroups.com
                From: tomvanderpool@...
                Date: Sun, 2 Aug 2009 19:06:27 +0000

              • SRehm24416@aol.com
                Message 7 of 23 , Aug 2, 2009
                  I clicked on it and it worked perfectly. There must be something wrong with my PC then. HA!

                • dmccorm@charter.net
                  Message 8 of 23 , Aug 3, 2009
                    The file has a PDF extension, however it's associated as HTML, so most browsers want to display it as HTML unless you download it to your local drive and then open it.

                  • BCD396XT@yahoogroups.com
                    Message 9 of 23 , Apr 24 1:56 PM
                      Hello,

                      a file has been uploaded to the Files area of the BCD396XT
                      group.

                      File : /NIFOG.csv
                      Uploaded by : firemann57 <firemann57@...>
                      Description : NIFOG programming for BCD396XT

                      You can access this file at the URL:

                      Regards,

                      firemann57 <firemann57@...>
                    • BCD396XT@yahoogroups.com
                      Message 10 of 23 , Nov 21, 2015
                        Hello,

                        a file has been uploaded to the Files area of the BCD396XT
                        group.

                        File : / Software Files/FreeScan/Australia/New South Wales/Mid Nth Coast BCD396XT 30-08-2014.996
                        Uploaded by : vk2xlj <vk2xlj@...>
                        Description : Covers Forster, Bulladelah & Taree NSW

                        vk2xlj <vk2xlj@...>
                      • BCD396XT@yahoogroups.com
                        Message 11 of 23 , Nov 21, 2015
                          Hello,

                          a file has been uploaded to the Files area of the BCD396XT
                          group.

                          File : / Software Files/FreeScan/Australia/New South Wales/Tuross BCD396XT 13-11-2015.996
                          Uploaded by : vk2xlj <vk2xlj@...>
                          Description : Covers Tuross Heads, Narooma & Moruya NSW

                          Message 12 of 23 , Nov 21, 2015
                            Hello,

                            a file has been uploaded to the Files area of the BCD396XT
                            group.

                            File : / Software Files/FreeScan/Australia/New South Wales/Sydney BCD396XT 04-06-2015.996
                            Uploaded by : vk2xlj <vk2xlj@...>
                            Description : Covers mainly South West Sydney

                            Message 13 of 23 , Feb 3, 2016
                              Hello,

                              a file has been uploaded to the Files area of the BCD396XT
                              group.

                              File : / Software Files/FreeScan/Australia/New South Wales/CentWest BCD396XT 2016.996
                              Uploaded by : vk2xlj <vk2xlj@...>
                              Description : Covers Central West NSW - Lithgow, Bathurst, Blayney, Orange, Wellington, Dubbo, Canowindra, Cowra, Parkes & Forbes.

                              Message 14 of 23 , Feb 3, 2016
                                Hello,

                                a file has been uploaded to the Files area of the BCD396XT
                                group.

                                File : / Software Files/FreeScan/Australia/New South Wales/Sydney BCD396XT 03-02-2016.996
                                Uploaded by : vk2xlj <vk2xlj@...>
                                Description : Covers mainly south of the harbour of Sydney and suburbs

                                Message 15 of 23 , Jul 19, 2016
                                  Hello,

                                  a file has been uploaded to the Files area of the BCD396XT
                                  group.

                                  File : / Software Files/FreeScan/FreeScan Programming Software/fssetup-218-b6.exe
                                  Uploaded by : vk2xlj <vk2xlj@...>
                                  Description : FreeScan V2.18 beta6 programming software

                                  Message 16 of 23 , Jul 31, 2016
                                    Hello,

                                    a file has been uploaded to the Files area of the BCD396XT
                                    group.

                                    File : /IO-Cable_PL-2303_Drivers-Generic_Windows_PL2303_Prolific.zip
                                    Uploaded by : NCC74656_USS_Voyager <mch@...>
                                    Description : Older USB-1 driver

                                    NCC74656_USS_Voyager <mch@...>
                                  • BCD396XT@yahoogroups.com
                                    Message 17 of 23 , Sep 5, 2016
                                      Hello,

                                      a file has been uploaded to the Files area of the BCD396XT
                                      group.

                                      File : /Hunting out new and exciting frequencies_2016.pdf
                                      Uploaded by : paulgblundell <tanger32au@...>
                                      Description :

                                      paulgblundell <tanger32au@...>
                                    • BCD396XT@yahoogroups.com
                                      Message 18 of 23 , Dec 25, 2016
                                        Hello,

                                        a file has been uploaded to the Files area of the BCD396XT
                                        group.

                                        File : / Software Files/FreeScan/Australia/New South Wales/Sydney BCD396XT 161224.996
                                        Uploaded by : vk2xlj <vk2xlj@...>
                                        Description : Revamped profile.Deleted old systems and added new. This profile concentrates on the southern half of Sydney

                                        Message 19 of 23 , Jan 7
                                          Hello,

                                          a file has been uploaded to the Files area of the BCD396XT
                                          group.

                                          File : / Software Files/FreeScan/Australia/New South Wales/CentWest BCD396XT 161228.996