New file uploaded to BCD396XT

  • BCD396XT@yahoogroups.com
    Message 1 of 27 , Jul 30, 2009
      Hello,

      a file has been uploaded to the Files area of the BCD396XT
      group.

      File : /Update_for_BCD396XT_and_BCD996XT.pdf
      Uploaded by : tomvanderpool <tomvanderpool@...>
      Description : Use this for the new features on the BCD396XT in PDF form. Can be used in conjunction with the PDF manual for the BCD396T to give you a searchable PDF for the radio.

      You can access this file at the URL:

      Regards,

      tomvanderpool <tomvanderpool@...>
    • kc9glg
      Message 2 of 27 , Aug 1, 2009
        I tried opening the file by clicking on it and it comes up looking like Greek to me.
      • JAN FINE
        Message 3 of 27 , Aug 2, 2009
          That's because it is not a file for you to open and look at.
          It is a file that is used by a program.
          You save the file on your computer then open it from within its appropriate program.

          I tried opening the file by clicking on it and it comes up looking like Greek to me.

        • tomvanderpool
          Message 4 of 27 , Aug 2, 2009
            And to me also. Sorry about that...will take a look and see what needs to be done.

            Tom

            Message 5 of 27 , Aug 2, 2009
              Jan (and interested others),

              That's the answer (You have to DOWNLOAD the file and THEN open it) but it preplexes me as to "why"? Other pdf type files can just be clicked on. I have just tried generating the file using a different "pdf maker" with the same results - ie garbage.

              So that leaves me unsure as to how to "Fix" this (without spending a ton of money on Adobe products <g>).

              Tom

              Message 6 of 27 , Aug 2, 2009
                These are not PDF files. If you have a PDF reader and you double click on a PDF file your computer automatically opens the file with your PDF reader. (Probably Adobe)

                Files that end in the mem folder are for Butel software.
                Files in the folder USAD are Uniden Software files.
                The USAD files can be opened with any of the USAD software currently out there. If you open a file created for the 396T with the BC246 software you have to open each file and save it because they are stored in different formats. So if you download it and use it before it is opened then saved you will get an error.

                Remember Uniden's software for the xt model scanners is not out yet.
                You will import the files on the internet into FreeScan or Butel's software. The import in under the FILES section of the menu.

                That's the answer (You have to DOWNLOAD the file and THEN open it) but it preplexes me as to "why"? Other pdf type files can just be clicked on. I have just tried generating the file using a different "pdf maker" with the same results - ie garbage.

                So that leaves me unsure as to how to "Fix" this (without spending a ton of money on Adobe products <g>).

                Tom

                --- In BCD396XT@yahoogroups.com, "JAN FINE" <janfine@...> wrote:

                > That's because it is not a file for you to open and look at.
                > It is a file that is used by a program.
                > You save the file on your computer then open it from within its appropriate program.

              • Derek Helling
                Message 7 of 27 , Aug 2, 2009
                  Try using Foxit instead of Adobe.

                  Derek

                  Message 8 of 27 , Aug 2, 2009
                    He was replying to a message about the file *I* had recently uploaded which IS a pdf but does NOT open when just downloaded. It appears to be version 1.4 (also tried a version 1.5) that operates this way. Mark's pdf just above it (version 1.6 I think) seems to operate as you would expect. I have no explanation and have tried a couple variations with the "pdf builders" I have at my disposal. No success.

                    So, until I find a cure, "please download and open" is the answer I have for now. It does seem to work in that manner, although I would like to find a "better way".

                    Message 9 of 27 , Aug 2, 2009
                      I'm using Foxit. <g>

                      But that's only to open. Made it a couple of different ways, nothing I can think of seem to be "the answer".

                      Tom

                      --- In BCD396XT@yahoogroups.com, Derek Helling <dereklh2001@...> wrote:

                      > Try using Foxit instead of Adobe.
                      >
                      > Derek
                    • john bucki
                      Message 10 of 27 , Aug 2, 2009
                        I have the BuTel arc-xt pro This radio Ref has got me?? Says Disconnected wait retriving HTT data also on 396 996 software Help

                        john

                        To: BCD396XT@yahoogroups.com
                        From: tomvanderpool@...
                        Date: Sun, 2 Aug 2009 19:06:27 +0000

                      • SRehm24416@aol.com
                        Message 11 of 27 , Aug 2, 2009
                          I clicked on it and it worked perfectly. There must be something wrong with my PC then. HA!

                        • dmccorm@charter.net
                          Message 12 of 27 , Aug 3, 2009
                            The file has a PDF extension, however it's associated as HTML, so most browsers want to display it as HTML unless you download it to your local drive and then open it.

                          • BCD396XT@yahoogroups.com
                            Message 13 of 27 , Apr 24, 2015
                              Hello,

                              a file has been uploaded to the Files area of the BCD396XT
                              group.

                              File : /NIFOG.csv
                              Uploaded by : firemann57 <firemann57@...>
                              Description : NIFOG programming for BCD396XT

                              firemann57 <firemann57@...>
                            • BCD396XT@yahoogroups.com
                              Message 14 of 27 , Nov 21, 2015
                                Hello,

                                a file has been uploaded to the Files area of the BCD396XT
                                group.

                                File : / Software Files/FreeScan/Australia/New South Wales/Mid Nth Coast BCD396XT 30-08-2014.996
                                Uploaded by : vk2xlj <vk2xlj@...>
                                Description : Covers Forster, Bulladelah & Taree NSW

                                vk2xlj <vk2xlj@...>
                              • BCD396XT@yahoogroups.com
                                Message 15 of 27 , Nov 21, 2015
                                  Hello,

                                  a file has been uploaded to the Files area of the BCD396XT
                                  group.

                                  File : / Software Files/FreeScan/Australia/New South Wales/Tuross BCD396XT 13-11-2015.996
                                  Uploaded by : vk2xlj <vk2xlj@...>
                                  Description : Covers Tuross Heads, Narooma & Moruya NSW

                                  Message 16 of 27 , Nov 21, 2015
                                    Hello,

                                    a file has been uploaded to the Files area of the BCD396XT
                                    group.

                                    File : / Software Files/FreeScan/Australia/New South Wales/Sydney BCD396XT 04-06-2015.996
                                    Uploaded by : vk2xlj <vk2xlj@...>
                                    Description : Covers mainly South West Sydney

                                    Message 17 of 27 , Feb 3, 2016
                                      Hello,

                                      a file has been uploaded to the Files area of the BCD396XT
                                      group.

                                      File : / Software Files/FreeScan/Australia/New South Wales/CentWest BCD396XT 2016.996
                                      Uploaded by : vk2xlj <vk2xlj@...>
                                      Description : Covers Central West NSW - Lithgow, Bathurst, Blayney, Orange, Wellington, Dubbo, Canowindra, Cowra, Parkes & Forbes.

                                      Message 18 of 27 , Feb 3, 2016
                                        Hello,

                                        a file has been uploaded to the Files area of the BCD396XT
                                        group.

                                        File : / Software Files/FreeScan/Australia/New South Wales/Sydney BCD396XT 03-02-2016.996
                                        Uploaded by : vk2xlj <vk2xlj@...>
                                        Description : Covers mainly south of the harbour of Sydney and suburbs

                                        Message 19 of 27 , Jul 19, 2016
                                          Hello,

                                          a file has been uploaded to the Files area of the BCD396XT
                                          group.

                                          File : / Software Files/FreeScan/FreeScan Programming Software/fssetup-218-b6.exe
                                          Uploaded by : vk2xlj <vk2xlj@...>
                                          Description : FreeScan V2.18 beta6 programming software

                                          Message 20 of 27 , Jul 31, 2016
                                            Hello,

                                            a file has been uploaded to the Files area of the BCD396XT
                                            group.

                                            File : /IO-Cable_PL-2303_Drivers-Generic_Windows_PL2303_Prolific.zip
                                            Uploaded by : NCC74656_USS_Voyager <mch@...>
                                            Description : Older USB-1 driver

                                            NCC74656_USS_Voyager <mch@...>
                                          • BCD396XT@yahoogroups.com
                                            Message 21 of 27 , Sep 5, 2016
                                              Hello,

                                              a file has been uploaded to the Files area of the BCD396XT
                                              group.

                                              File : /Hunting out new and exciting frequencies_2016.pdf
                                              Uploaded by : paulgblundell <tanger32au@...>
                                              Description :

                                              paulgblundell <tanger32au@...>
                                            • BCD396XT@yahoogroups.com
                                              Message 22 of 27 , Dec 25, 2016
                                                Hello,

                                                a file has been uploaded to the Files area of the BCD396XT
                                                group.

                                                File : / Software Files/FreeScan/Australia/New South Wales/Sydney BCD396XT 161224.996
                                                Uploaded by : vk2xlj <vk2xlj@...>
                                                Description : Revamped profile.Deleted old systems and added new. This profile concentrates on the southern half of Sydney

                                                Message 23 of 27 , Jan 7 4:11 PM
                                                  Hello,

                                                  a file has been uploaded to the Files area of the BCD396XT
                                                  group.

                                                  File : / Software Files/FreeScan/Australia/New South Wales/CentWest BCD396XT 161228.996

                                                  Message 24 of 27 , Jul 1, 2017
                                                    Hello,

                                                    a file has been uploaded to the Files area of the BCD396XT
                                                    group.

                                                    File : / Software Files/FreeScan/Australia/New South Wales/Sydney BCD396XT 170606.996

                                                    Message 25 of 27 , Sep 27, 2017
                                                      Hello,

                                                      a file has been uploaded to the Files area of the BCD396XT
                                                      group.

                                                      File : /Stealth Scanner Bag MK4 – September 2017.pdf

                                                      Message 26 of 27 , Nov 26, 2017
                                                        Hello,

                                                        a file has been uploaded to the Files area of the BCD396XT
                                                        group.

                                                        File : /JANUARY 2017.pfl
                                                        Uploaded by : jeffreyinberthoud <jeffrey_schiller@...>
                                                        Description : Colorado front range