Re: [BCD396XT] Re: BCD396XT worth it?

  • Jeff Miller
    Message 1 of 8 , Jul 17, 2009
      CL,
        There's an easy way to decide -  When an Emergency Vehicle goes speeding by or you hear sirens at night are you curious to know what's going on?  If the answer is YES go for it.  I personally took the plunge even though my area is mostly analog except for a couple of cities/towns near me.   I am personally prefer the 396XT but also have the GRE PSR 500 (same radio as the Radio Shack Pro 106).  From my experience - if you live in a big city go for the 396XT since it isn't prone to interference like the RS/GRE model otherwise either is a good choice.

      PS Here's a couple of good online stores if you decide to go new
      www.grove-ent.com
      www.scannermaster.com
      www.universal-radio.com

      Jeff

      If you want to go new here are some reliable online places to buy:
      www.grove-ent.com
      www.scannermaster.com
      www.universal-radio.com  (Great selection but site sometimes doesn't have correct status on the item so definitely call first)

      NOTE if you decide to go for it you will discover that the local police blotter leaves out lots of stuff.