Re: [BCD396XT] Just Got Scanner out of Box

  • David Baker
    Message 1 of 10 , Jul 9, 2009
      Hello Group!

      I am contemplating getting a 396XT and wonder how well the Intermediate Frequency Exchange works for birdies, intermod, RFI, etc.  Does it clean up the frequency?  Especially if you are not using a CTCSS or DCS tone?  Thanks for the input.  --Dave, New York

      Message 2 of 10 , Jul 9, 2009
        You would assign a different SQK to each system (or site(s) within the system) and use them like "bank keys" to turn them on/off individually.

        See http://info.uniden.com/twiki/bin/view/UnidenMan4/UsingQuickKeysStartupKeysAndSearchKeys%c2%a0for more.
         UPMan

        ________________________________
        I'm fairly new at this but, I've downloaded 4 police force's frequencies/trunking system which works perfect, the question I have is, how do I turn one system on only if I don't wish to listen to two or three of the others without locking out every tagged I'd? Thanks!
        Russ

        Is there a way to print the owner mannual from the disk, to assist me is startup ?

        Jim

      • Clark Rennie
        Message 3 of 10 , Jul 9, 2009
          Is it one trunking system of four trunking systems. If four systems, assign
          each system its own SQK ( System Quick Key).
          If it's one system, with several groups, use GQKs to turn the different
          groups on or off.

          Clark

          At 09:58 AM 7/10/2009, you wrote:

          >I'm fairly new at this but, I've downloaded 4 police force's
          >frequencies/trunking system which works perfect, the question I have is,
          >how do I turn one system on only if I don't wish to listen to two or three
          >of the others without locking out every tagged I'd? Thanks!
          >
          >Russ
          >
          >Sent from my BlackBerry device on the Rogers Wireless Network
        • Mr. L. Harris
          Message 4 of 10 , Jul 9, 2009
            i toook my cd to kinkos and had it printed out cost me 23 bucks but i did it and love it

             "Everyone Thinks Their Fine Until Someone Puts Something In Em They Dont Want In Em!"
            Seth Rogan Observe And Report

          • russelempey@rogers.com
            Message 5 of 10 , Jul 10, 2009

              Message 6 of 10 , Jul 10, 2009
                Thank you! I appreciate it

                From: Clark Rennie <c.rennie1@...>

                Date: Thu, 09 Jul 2009 15:55:06
                To: <BCD396XT@yahoogroups.com>

                Message 7 of 10 , Jul 10, 2009
                  Thank you!

                  From: Uniden UPMan <uniden.upman@...>

                  Date: Thu, 9 Jul 2009 15:51:29
                  To: <BCD396XT@yahoogroups.com>

                  You would assign a different SQK to each system (or site(s) within the system) and use them like "bank keys" to turn them on/off individually.

                  See�http://info.uniden.com/twiki/bin/view/UnidenMan4/UsingQuickKeysStartupKeysAndSearchKeys%ef%bf%bdfor more.
                  �UPMan

                  I'm fairly new at this but, I've downloaded 4 police force's frequencies/trunking system which works perfect, the question I have is, how do I turn one system on only if I don't wish to listen to two or three of the others without locking out every tagged I'd? Thanks!
                  Russ

                  Is there a way to print the owner mannual from the disk, to assist me is startup ?

                  Jim

                  � � �