speaker now intermittant ATTN UPMan and others . . .

  • Scott
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 6 11:01 AM
      I got one of the first BCD396XT's, just a few days after they were released.

      A few days ago the speaker on my scanner started flaking out. It sounded quite garbled. Now it's intermittant. Sometimes it works, other times, it's complely silent. If I have it hooked up to external speakers, it works 100%, and the audio is fine.

      Thinking I may have to send it in for warranty repair -- I've also heard it's not too tough to do yourself. But I'm guessing that if I did that, it would void my warranty. Am I correct?

      Is there anything I could have done to cause this? I mean the speaker is matched to the audio circuit, right? I couldn't have damaged it by listening at high volumes, could I??

      How would I go about sending it in?

      Thanks,
      Scott