Re: [BCD396XT] audio type setting

    Message 1 of 8 , Jul 3, 2009
      Ooops. Let me retype that...

      It can't do that.

      When you don't know what the signal is, set the audio type to ALL.

      If you know it's analog, then you can set it to ANALOG ONLY and set it
      to CTCSS/CDCSS SEARCH to decode CTCSS/CDCSS tones/codes, OR if you know
      it's digital you can set it to DIGITAL ONLY and set NAC SEARCH to
      display a NAC for a P25 signal.

      Joe M.

      radiostarcom21 wrote:
      > What is the correct setting when the type is unknown?
      > Frequency xxx.xxxx is unknown type to me. I want the scanner
      > to decode whatever it is, pl, dpl, or nac. What setting do
      > I use?
      >
      > Thanks,
      > George

    • Jim Canupp
      Message 2 of 8 , Jul 3, 2009
        Is that fir search mode?  What does NAC do?  I'm having real reception problems since I upgraded my 396T to 3.00.2.  Can I set a specific system to do that?

        Message 3 of 8 , Jul 3, 2009
          First of all, if you're asking for a BCD396T, you're on the wrong list.
          This list is for the BCD396XT.

          The 396T does not support NAC. But to answer your question, it's the P25
          equal to analog's CTCSS/CDCSS.

          But, on the 396XT it applies to Systems or Searching.

          Joe M.

          Jim Canupp wrote:
          > Is that fir search mode? What does NAC do? I'm having real reception problems since I upgraded my 396T to 3.00.2. Can I set a specific system to do that?

        • Jim Canupp
          Message 4 of 8 , Jul 3, 2009
            Oh...I joined the wrong thing...don't I feel silly.  Thanks for letting me know AND answering my question.  Many thanks!

            Message 5 of 8 , Jul 3, 2009
              No biggie. A lot of times people post to the 'wrong' group.

              Here is a link to the 396T group: