Mac Software

  • Charlie Collins
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 1, 2009
      I just got the 396 last week and I love it. Right now I listen to the
      regular 800 mhz Trunked systems around Wichita, KS. For digital I am
      listening to KHP Troop F, G (KS Turnpike Authority) and the KBI. I
      know there is no software (that I know of) for a Mac, but I was
      wondering if any Mac users have gotten any to work with Parallels for
      Mac or VM Fusion. I've got Parallels but haven't tried it out yet
      (mainly because I don't have a copy of Windows).

      Charlie
    • tedrhayes
      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 2, 2009
        I've using 396 Software (FreeScan and Butel ARCXT) on my Macbook Pro. I've have a Windows XP Virtual Machine running with VM Fusion (I'm using the Bootcamp Partition). It was worked well.

        I had some problems with the drivers for my USB-1 (or my USB to serial converter). But I was able to get them to work by installing the latest drivers (not from Uniden but from Prolific). They would work but be prone to errors prior to using the lasted drivers.

        Ted

        --- In BCD396XT@yahoogroups.com, Charlie Collins <oldroman@...> wrote:

        > I just got the 396 last week and I love it. Right now I listen to the
        > regular 800 mhz Trunked systems around Wichita, KS. For digital I am
        > listening to KHP Troop F, G (KS Turnpike Authority) and the KBI. I
        > know there is no software (that I know of) for a Mac, but I was
        > wondering if any Mac users have gotten any to work with Parallels for
        > Mac or VM Fusion. I've got Parallels but haven't tried it out yet
        > (mainly because I don't have a copy of Windows).
        >
        > Charlie

      • Rich Carlson
        Message 3 of 3 , Jul 2, 2009
          I have had no issues using Parallels, Fusion or BootCamp and any of the ARC
          products, including ARC-XT. Works great!

          I found however that it is best to plug in the USB cable or RS232 adapter
          when in Windows rather than in the Mac environment to allow Windows to
          properly detect and install. Also, install the drivers BEFORE plugging in
          the device if possible.

          I have not tried running these in any type of Linux with Windows emulators
          however. I have heard that some people have had success.

          --
          Rich Carlson, N9JIG