RE: [BCD396XT] Freescan Software

  • Derek Helling
    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 1, 2009
      I trying to use my new Netbook computer as a portable accessory for my XT using Freescan 0.9B.

      When I first tried to run Freescan I received an error message that said I needed the Microsoft.NET framework.

      In the process of obtaining NET Framework I have acquired version 1.1 (plus two hotfixes), version 2 SP1, version 3 SP1 and version 3.5. This uses a lot of resources in a small netbook.

      Freescan now works fine but I don't know which version of NET framework it is using.  I suppose I could use trial and error to determine which version(s) of NET Framework to delete but I wonder if anyone has any advise on the subject.

      Thanks.................Derek

    • Clark Rennie
      Message 2 of 5 , Jul 1, 2009
        Did you ask this question on the Freescan forum ? Maybe the author of the
        program would know.

        Clark

        At 09:09 AM 7/1/2009, you wrote:

        >I trying to use my new Netbook computer as a portable accessory for my XT
        >using Freescan 0.9B.
        >
        >When I first tried to run Freescan I received an error message that said I
        >needed the Microsoft.NET framework.
        >
        >In the process of obtaining NET Framework I have acquired version 1.1
        >(plus two hotfixes), version 2 SP1, version 3 SP1 and version 3.5. This
        >uses a lot of resources in a small netbook.
        >
        >Freescan now works fine but I don't know which version of NET framework it
        >is using. I suppose I could use trial and error to determine which
        >version(s) of NET Framework to delete but I wonder if anyone has any
        >advise on the subject.
        >
        >Thanks.................Derek
      • nocreativety
        Message 3 of 5 , Jul 1, 2009
          It needs 2.0 to run. You can uninstall 3.5 and 3.0 if you don't want them.

          --- In BCD396XT@yahoogroups.com, Derek Helling <dereklh2001@...> wrote:

          > Freescan now works fine but I don't know which version of NET framework it is using.  I suppose I could use trial and error to determine which version(s) of NET Framework to delete but I wonder if anyone has any advise on the subject.
          >
          > Thanks.................Derek
        • Derek Helling
          Message 4 of 5 , Jul 1, 2009
            Thank you.  I think I will delete v1.1 as well.

            Derek

            It needs 2.0 to run. You can uninstall 3.5 and 3.0 if you don't want them.

            --- In BCD396XT@yahoogroup s.com, Derek Helling <dereklh2001@ ...> wrote:

            > Freescan now works fine but I don't know which version of NET framework it is using.  I suppose I could use trial and error to determine which version(s) of NET Framework to delete but I wonder if anyone has any advise on the subject.

            > Thanks...... ......... ..Derek

          • Derek Helling
            Message 5 of 5 , Jul 1, 2009
              I didn't, but Assaf seems to read this forum also and has answered my question.  Thanks for responding.

              Derek