Re: [BCD396XT] Re: PRO-106 vs. 396XT

  • Don.Curtis@att.net
    Message 1 of 15 , Jun 28, 2009
      And you think those won't be encrypted?

      Besides which, analog cellular still exists, it's just not mandatory anymore.

      -------------- Original message from Jeff Miller <jafarm66@...>: --------------

      I'd personally want the scanner to be a cross between the BCD396XT, The AOR 8200 MK3 and the ICOM R-9500 (ICOM's super receiver at $15000.00). Since there is no more analog cell service in the US why doesn't the FCC and Federal Gov't just cross that law off the books and let full specturm scanners be sold. The cell range blocked is probably worthless to monitor now.

      Personally I'd bet the reason is that there is surveillance/bugging equipment in that frequency range. The Gov't agencies know it can't be monitored by a large majority of US scanner owners.