Re: [BCD396XT] Odd "Feature" in BCD396XT

  • Richard A. Victor
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 25, 2009
      I tried this with my 396XT with ProScan, FreeScan, and ARC
      XT. FreeScan and ARC XT behave as you described. ProScan logs the
      receptions to both the History grid and the Frequency / TG IDs
      Logging grid even if the volume is set to "0".

      Of course, you can set the volume to 1 and plug in a set of
      headphones and sleep through the night unless you are a very light
      sleeper. :-) A dummy plug would shut off the speaker, but it could
      be that the lack of some load might be detrimental to the well being
      of the scanner so the headphones would seem the safer choice. I run
      my audio through the computer's sound system so I just mute the
      computer audio output from my keyboard and head to the bedroom.

      Dick