396XT on UHF

  • dataman60435
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 25, 2009
      Here in ILL being 35 miles SW of the city of Chicago using the RS800 duck i receive most all the Chicago 460mgz zones very well...In the old days my Regency Bearcats were very good on UHF, now its "UNIDEN" and there still very good on UHF....The 760XLT was very good also on UHF...Speaking of the GRE here on some posts, its a very good digital scanner but its just so overloaded in the mobile by cell towers and other interference you almost cannot use the RS800 duck as it seems to add to the problem...The 396XT stock antenna is not very useful in my area on anything, as mentioned get the RS800 duck, good on everything....I agree with the poster that mentioned both scanners are really very well made, i only "EVALUATE" each with its good and not so good points.....