Re: [BCD396XT] Unnamed Site (FOUND PROBLEM)

  • Mr. L. Harris
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 23, 2009
      I found it and thanks to a post from this group
      i spent another 3 hours today fooling with is , and what it is is
      at some point, with either freescan OR the proscan uasd System import feature,  it put 3 of the very  same systems in the very same place , and when i went into the prog system , in the radio i could not see the other 2 systems only ONE of htem in freescan Que system List i could see 3 of the very same systems in the very same place , I deleted 2 of them and the problem went away,
      when i changed the site by hand in program sys setting i would change the site name and it would only change it in the one system and the other 2 systems in the same place still said unnamed site but i could not access them from the scanner only from inside the softeware with the que system setting
      THANK you UP mam, mr victor  MCH and all the others who directed me in the right way with the check the software inquirey and i seen 3 of each systems, when you hit program system setting from the radio keypad you could only see one system but there were 3 of each and when i named the site which i thought was the one there were 2 more not named hence the back to un named site indication, but i will rename the resto f the radio tommorw im wiped out thanks again group;!!

      From: Larry Harris <95_b-body_ss@ sbcglobal. net>
      Subject: [BCD396XT] Unnamed Site
      To: BCD396XT@yahoogroup s.com
      Date: Sunday, June 21, 2009, 11:28 PM

      Hello All

      after a week, of trying to convert my 396t sites to the 396xt i got it all done ,

      what i did was used , Proscan software imported the systems i had saved in the old version of uasd off my 396t and uploaded the systems to the xt

      i got it all done and i notice my 396xt, while scanning systems, about every few seconds says "Unnamed site"

      it took me 2 years to get used to the system archetecture from banks and channels, im an over 20 year uniden customer one of my first scanners was a bc200xlt,

      going from banks and channels to systems, groups, and the like was pretty hard ,but i managed,,

      now i have to get used to

      GPS feature enablin and disabling

      temporary lock out

      and NO paper manual

      i looked over the manual on my laptop but its just not the same

      LOL iguess thats what being 43 years old does for ya i guess

      can any one tell me what Unnamed site means? I searched the PDf manual and no resiults for "unnamed site"

      THank you group

      the 396t group now saved my behind and fumbling fingers several times

      hope i can find the guidance here to