Re: [BCD396XT] Re: 386T and 396XT ?

  • Frank Leidy
    Message 1 of 9 , Nov 29, 2008
      Funny you should ask that. The same question was asked today on the ARC396
      Yahoo group. Here's the reply from Gommert, the developer of the ARC series
      of scanner control software:

      ARC396 will not work with the BCD396XT, the software for the XT is
      based on ARC996 and that program can read/import ARC396 files.

      Gommert
      www.butelsoftware.com

      Message 2 of 9 , Dec 1, 2008
        Will my 396T's remote head still work with the 396XT?

      • johnstark
        Message 3 of 9 , Dec 1, 2008
          As stated numerous times YES with a FIRMWARE UPDATE

          > Will my 396T's remote head still work with the 396XT?

        • JAN FINE
          Message 4 of 9 , Dec 1, 2008
            Then why are the selling them for $119. They say they are being discontinued. Is something else going to hit the market or is this a good time to pick one up?

            As stated numerous times YES with a FIRMWARE UPDATE

            > Will my 396T's remote head still work with the 396XT?

            Database version: 5.11230

            Database version: 5.11230

          • johnstark
            Message 5 of 9 , Dec 1, 2008
              I hadn't heard of them dropping them, but it may be to sell off the older
              units to make room for updated ones with newer firmware to handle the XT.

            • dmccorm@charter.net
              Message 6 of 9 , Dec 2, 2008
                Discontinued at the dealer maybe? Can you post a link of the RH ad you speak of?
                I think the plan is to support both of the new XT models.