386T and 396XT ?

  • atms169
    Message 1 of 9 , Nov 29, 2008
      What are the differences? I can't seem to compare the two. Why
      should I purchase the XT version?

      Does anyone have a comparison chart as to whats better on the XT version?
    • pmanu44
      Message 2 of 9 , Nov 29, 2008
        http://wiki.radioreference.com/index.php/BCD396XT

        Differences (new features) are in bold.

        --- In BCD396XT@yahoogroups.com, "atms169" <aaron@...> wrote:

        > What are the differences? I can't seem to compare the two. Why
        > should I purchase the XT version?
        >
        > Does anyone have a comparison chart as to whats better on the XT
        version?

      • Doug Chaplin
        Message 3 of 9 , Nov 29, 2008
          Will the new BCD396XT work with the ARC basic program. I have a 396t but i will be getting the BCD396XT scanner when it comes out.

          > What are the differences? I can't seem to compare the two. Why
          > should I purchase the XT version?
          >
          > Does anyone have a comparison chart as to whats better on the XT
          version?

        • Frank Leidy
          Message 4 of 9 , Nov 29, 2008
            Funny you should ask that. The same question was asked today on the ARC396
            Yahoo group. Here's the reply from Gommert, the developer of the ARC series
            of scanner control software:

            ARC396 will not work with the BCD396XT, the software for the XT is
            based on ARC996 and that program can read/import ARC396 files.

            Gommert
            www.butelsoftware.com

            Message 5 of 9 , Dec 1, 2008
              Will my 396T's remote head still work with the 396XT?

            • johnstark
              Message 6 of 9 , Dec 1, 2008
                As stated numerous times YES with a FIRMWARE UPDATE

                > Will my 396T's remote head still work with the 396XT?

              • JAN FINE
                Message 7 of 9 , Dec 1, 2008
                  Then why are the selling them for $119. They say they are being discontinued. Is something else going to hit the market or is this a good time to pick one up?

                  As stated numerous times YES with a FIRMWARE UPDATE

                  > Will my 396T's remote head still work with the 396XT?

                  Database version: 5.11230

                  Database version: 5.11230

                • johnstark
                  Message 8 of 9 , Dec 1, 2008
                    I hadn't heard of them dropping them, but it may be to sell off the older
                    units to make room for updated ones with newer firmware to handle the XT.

                  • dmccorm@charter.net
                    Message 9 of 9 , Dec 2, 2008
                      Discontinued at the dealer maybe? Can you post a link of the RH ad you speak of?
                      I think the plan is to support both of the new XT models.