Re: ARC XT PRO software

  • randybcd396t
    Message 1 of 39 , Jun 7, 2009
      I tried the version from the link at Scanner Master. This version does not work, goes into a loop when trying to read from the scanner.

      This version said there was an update available from BuTel. I checked that but it also does not work. I had to kill it with Task Manager. According to the website, this is not a demo version, and requires registration. That may be why it did not work.

      Hopefully Gommert will release a working version soon as I've now started the 30 day clock and I will not buy it without trying it first.

      So my recommendation is to not download ARC XT until BuTel releases a demo version that works. Otherwise you may miss out on the free evaluation period.

      --- In BCD396XT@yahoogroups.com, "n1chu" <n1chu@...> wrote:

      > Scanners Unlimited sent m ea URL link to their store which allowed me to download the beta version of Butel's latest software. It says it is good for 30 days for evaluation purposes before it must self destruct or something. I don't know because I paid up front and got the address in an email. Since I already had my registration numbers to plug in when I downloaded the software, I didn't wait to see what would happen if I ran it for 30 days. Of course, like I said, I purchased my copy up front. It may be that the download capabilities from Scanners Unlimited are guarded due to what may be percieved as loosing business. But on the flip side of that coin, If it were me, I'd be giving out that download to as many people as possible, given the compitition, Free Scan, (to name the cheapest one), is so powerfull and costs nothing. Let people try the $70 pro version or the cheaper one in the hopes they get hooked it.
      >
      > You will notice I did not list the download page from Scanners Unlimited. And for all I know it may be available without calling them an asking for it. But If it is, I will let Scanners Unlimited say it. Afterall, it's their commercial website representing their business which helps keep people employed. In this economy I don't want to be the one to contribute to the loss of a livelyhood. things are tough enough out there for a lot of us. Just look at Scanner Master. I understand the owner retired? If it was a going conern, someone would have seen a chance to make a buck and buy out the business.
      >
      > Hey, maybe the software has been accessable all along, or if not, what I wrote up top might convince them it should be...
      >
      > Bill

    • randybcd396t
      Message 39 of 39 , Jun 13, 2009
        Thanks Clark...

        I already posted there, but the posts all flow through Gommert before they can be seen. So I don't expect any reply soon. Was hoping that someone on this forum had experience with this issue so I could start trying the software this weekend.