cc data output connection

  • craigheld18
    Message 1 of 6 , Nov 27, 2008
      does anybody know how the scanner will connect to a computer to
      monitor the cc data ? Will the data cable be provided ? and also just
      wondering if any future firmware is in the development for the
      bcd396xt to display user radio id's .

      Thanks
    • torontokris
      Message 2 of 6 , Nov 27, 2008
        With the included PC Serial cable, so your PC's serial port.
        Yes the cable will be included (its the same cable you program with etc)

        Uniden has not said anything about adding Radio Id's yet. (neither
        confirm nor deny)

        Id love to see it but who knows if it will happen.

        --- In BCD396XT@yahoogroups.com, "craigheld18" <craigheld18@...> wrote:

        > does anybody know how the scanner will connect to a computer to
        > monitor the cc data ? Will the data cable be provided ? and also just
        > wondering if any future firmware is in the development for the
        > bcd396xt to display user radio id's .
        >
        > Thanks

      • johnstark
        Message 3 of 6 , Nov 27, 2008
          The included cable used for programing and updated firmware appears to be
          the same used for the CC data, from what I have heard you use the same port
          as well, makes sense though since there is only one port.

          Radio ID's - if using an external program you'll have the ID's

          Message 4 of 6 , Nov 27, 2008
            John,

            I took a look at the manual from the link UPMan posted a few days ago. I am
            by no means an expert on CC data. I was looking at the data for the Decoded
            Descriptions for Motorola systems (Page 123). I really don't see anything
            in the message that looks like a radio ID. There are quite a few terms on
            that page that I don't understand (LCN, Member ID, Patch ID). Nothing
            really sticks out as a radio ID.

            Also, while I'm on here. I have to give kudos out to Uniden. My first
            look at the manual was very quick. I missed two important things: the
            command reference and the character set patterns.

            I'm looking at building my own software. I've got a basic one written for
            my 396. I cheated and don't show the display. I could never figure out how
            to interpret some of the non-ASCII characters that the radio was showing on
            some lines. I knew they were things like the signal bar and such. It turns
            out all I had to do was match the hex that was coming back to one of these.

            Thanks for giving me my missing link.

            Frank

            Message 5 of 6 , Nov 27, 2008
              That's likely what they are calling Member ID.

              Joe M.

              Frank Leidy wrote:
              > John,
              >
              > I took a look at the manual from the link UPMan posted a few days ago. I am
              > by no means an expert on CC data. I was looking at the data for the Decoded
              > Descriptions for Motorola systems (Page 123). I really don't see anything
              > in the message that looks like a radio ID. There are quite a few terms on
              > that page that I don't understand (LCN, Member ID, Patch ID). Nothing
              > really sticks out as a radio ID.
              >
              > Also, while I'm on here. I have to give kudos out to Uniden. My first
              > look at the manual was very quick. I missed two important things: the
              > command reference and the character set patterns.
              >
              > I'm looking at building my own software. I've got a basic one written for
              > my 396. I cheated and don't show the display. I could never figure out how
              > to interpret some of the non-ASCII characters that the radio was showing on
              > some lines. I knew they were things like the signal bar and such. It turns
              > out all I had to do was match the hex that was coming back to one of these.
              >
              > Thanks for giving me my missing link.
              >
              > Frank

            • johnstark
              Message 6 of 6 , Nov 27, 2008
                Member ID is the affiliated radio ID I believe. Paul can answer that one
                better than I can.
                Patch ID are the two radio ID's that are patched so they are the radio ID's,
                but only appear during a patch the way I read it.