Re: [BCD396XT] Low-Profile Mag Mount Mobile Antenna

  • Michael Bennett
    Message 1 of 8 , Jun 4, 2009
      I use the Larsen tri-band Dick suggested and it works great

      Mike

      Message 2 of 8 , Jun 4, 2009
        Is that a BNC connector on the radio end of it as well?? Can't tell from the picture.? It's clearly BNC on the antenna end.

        Thanks

        At 06:16 PM 6/4/2009, you wrote:
        >So just as the subject states I'm looking for a good antenna for the
        >XT for use in my car. I would need it to be mag mount as I have my
        >windows tinted and it would ruin the tint. I park in a parking
        >garage for work so the lower profile the better. Any ideas would be awesome.
        >
        >Thanks!
        >-Dan

      • Richard A. Victor
        Message 3 of 8 , Jun 4, 2009
          It's available with BNC at both ends or SMA at both ends.

          Dick

          At 08:18 PM 6/4/2009, you wrote:
          >Is that a BNC connector on the radio end of it as well?? Can't tell
          >from the picture.? It's clearly BNC on the antenna end.
          >
          >Thanks

        • Dan Danz
          Message 4 of 8 , Jun 5, 2009
            Because I primarily monitor 800-Mhz systems, I've had some success and been very
            pleased with the looks of the Antenex Phantom Elite Low Profile Dual-Band
            806-866Mhz antennas (google for ETRAB8063) and the TrunkMount NMO mount
            (google for 901101). Nobody ever notices this antenna any more - I'm not
            advertising that radios are in the car. Of course, being a trunk lip mount
            means I get some directional issues - but I'll live with it rather than have a
            moving porcupine. J

            YMMV .

            ________________

            Dan Danz (WA5SKM)

            Fountain Hills AZ

          • shelleysh1@att.net
            Message 5 of 8 , Jun 5, 2009
              Hi Dan,

              I have used the following for both the 396X and 396XT. It has been a great antenna for my car and I HIGHLY recommend it! I bought it from HRO and they got it to me quickly and safely. It includes the coax on the mount (I use the lip mount, not the mag, although I included the mag mount info below). It's a short antenna, yet has great gain. I live in St. Louis County (MO) and have little problem hearing everything I have programmed into my scanner, which is virtually most of City and County. Here's the info:

              Larsen Tri-Band Antenna
              NMO150 / 450 / 800
              Frequency:
              150-165 / 450-470 / 806-940 MHz
              Gain: .............2.14 dBi ± 1dB
              This is a great anenna for scanner
              operation. It is NOT tunable for amateur
              operation.

              Mag mount
              NMO MMR

              Again, I've used this antenna for at least 4-5 years (have had two of them) and highly recommend it.

              Shelley