Re: [BCD396XT] Low-Profile Mag Mount Mobile Antenna

  • Michael Bennett
    Message 1 of 8 , Jun 4, 2009
      I use the Larsen tri-band Dick suggested and it works great

      Mike

      Message 2 of 8 , Jun 4, 2009
        Is that a BNC connector on the radio end of it as well?? Can't tell from the picture.? It's clearly BNC on the antenna end.

        Thanks

        At 06:16 PM 6/4/2009, you wrote:
        >So just as the subject states I'm looking for a good antenna for the
        >XT for use in my car. I would need it to be mag mount as I have my
        >windows tinted and it would ruin the tint. I park in a parking
        >garage for work so the lower profile the better. Any ideas would be awesome.
        >
        >Thanks!
        >-Dan

      • Joe Polcari
        Message 3 of 8 , Jun 4, 2009
          That's what I use with the diamond 17" rubber duck. It works great.

          At 06:16 PM 6/4/2009, you wrote:
          >So just as the subject states I'm looking for a good antenna for the
          >XT for use in my car. I would need it to be mag mount as I have my
          >windows tinted and it would ruin the tint. I park in a parking
          >garage for work so the lower profile the better. Any ideas would be
          awesome.

          >Thanks!
          >-Dan

        • Richard A. Victor
          Message 4 of 8 , Jun 4, 2009
            It's available with BNC at both ends or SMA at both ends.

            Dick

            At 08:18 PM 6/4/2009, you wrote:
            >Is that a BNC connector on the radio end of it as well?? Can't tell
            >from the picture.? It's clearly BNC on the antenna end.
            >
            >Thanks

          • Dan Danz
            Message 5 of 8 , Jun 5, 2009
              Because I primarily monitor 800-Mhz systems, I've had some success and been very
              pleased with the looks of the Antenex Phantom Elite Low Profile Dual-Band
              806-866Mhz antennas (google for ETRAB8063) and the TrunkMount NMO mount
              (google for 901101). Nobody ever notices this antenna any more - I'm not
              advertising that radios are in the car. Of course, being a trunk lip mount
              means I get some directional issues - but I'll live with it rather than have a
              moving porcupine. J

              YMMV .

              ________________

              Dan Danz (WA5SKM)

              Fountain Hills AZ

            • shelleysh1@att.net
              Message 6 of 8 , Jun 5, 2009
                Hi Dan,

                I have used the following for both the 396X and 396XT. It has been a great antenna for my car and I HIGHLY recommend it! I bought it from HRO and they got it to me quickly and safely. It includes the coax on the mount (I use the lip mount, not the mag, although I included the mag mount info below). It's a short antenna, yet has great gain. I live in St. Louis County (MO) and have little problem hearing everything I have programmed into my scanner, which is virtually most of City and County. Here's the info:

                Larsen Tri-Band Antenna
                NMO150 / 450 / 800
                Frequency:
                150-165 / 450-470 / 806-940 MHz
                Gain: .............2.14 dBi ± 1dB
                This is a great anenna for scanner
                operation. It is NOT tunable for amateur
                operation.

                Mag mount
                NMO MMR

                Again, I've used this antenna for at least 4-5 years (have had two of them) and highly recommend it.

                Shelley