Re: [BCD396XT] Re: Quick Key "0" and Close Call

  • Uniden UPMan
    Message 1 of 14 , Jun 4, 2009
      Sorry, we all misunderstood what you were trying to do. But, to enable/disable Close Call mode, pressing FUNC+HOLD isn't much slower than using an SQK...
       UPMan

      ________________________________
      Message 2 of 14 , Jun 4, 2009
        Close Call Mode is activated/desctivated via FUNC-HOLD. Not a one-key
        solution like SQK 0, but fewer keys than SQKs 10-99... :-)

        Joe M.

        just_a_radio_guy wrote:
        > I know that empty system can't be scanned!
        >
        > But I've hoped that I can assign Quick Key for Close Call mode, not to 'Close Call Hits' system.
        >
        > I have mistaken because isn't clear what this setting do when you use ProScan. It located in simple of features on 'Close Call Setting' tab and noting indicates that it for 'Hits with Scan' only.
        >
        > P.S.
        > Thank for all! Issue closed. But I will be glad to see Quick Key feature for Close Call mode per se.
      • just_a_radio_guy
        Message 3 of 14 , Jun 5, 2009
          >> But, to enable/disable Close Call mode, pressing FUNC+HOLD
          >> isn't much slower than using an SQK...

          I know. But to do that, I must remove scanner from D clip on belt and have both hand free.

          But when I drive on car, I must left wheel for a 3..5 seconds :)

          Is NOT convenient/is NOT safe.

          QKey will be better, because work in one touch.
          Message 4 of 14 , Jun 5, 2009
            Threaded...

            just_a_radio_guy wrote:
            >>> But, to enable/disable Close Call mode, pressing FUNC+HOLD
            >>> isn't much slower than using an SQK...
            >
            > I know. But to do that, I must remove scanner from D clip on belt and have both hand free.

            Naaaa... hitting the FUNC key is easy (much easier than any front key)
            and the HOLD key is easier to find than any number key since it's in the
            top left corner - practically right next to the FUNC key.

            As for both hands, nope. The FUNC key is sticky - you can hit it then
            hit the HOLD key with one finger easily let alone two hands.

            > But when I drive on car, I must left wheel for a 3..5 seconds :)

            With very little practice, you can shave that down to less than one second.

            > Is NOT convenient/is NOT safe.

            Technically true, but just as true for a SQK - especially a two-digit one.

            > QKey will be better, because work in one touch.

            That's the one point I'll agree with you on, but again the FUNC key is
            trivial to hit first, and finding the HOLD key is easier. In fact, both
            can be done without looking at the keypad - something not true for SQKs.