Re: Quick Key "0" and Close Call

  • just_a_radio_guy
    Message 1 of 14 , Jun 4, 2009
      I found a problem.

      I must have at least one frequency in temporary system 'Close Call Hits'. If I have nothing here, this system not in scan list and '0' Quick Key have no any effect.
      Message 2 of 14 , Jun 4, 2009
        That's normal. When you enable an 'empty' System, it will not be scanned
        since there is nothing to scan in it.

        Again, you're *not* enabling the Close Call feature - you're enabling
        the Close Call *System* that is empty until you get a Close Call hit.

        Joe M.

        Message 3 of 14 , Jun 4, 2009
          I know that empty system can't be scanned!

          But I've hoped that I can assign Quick Key for Close Call mode, not to 'Close Call Hits' system.

          I have mistaken because isn't clear what this setting do when you use ProScan. It located in simple of features on 'Close Call Setting' tab and noting indicates that it for 'Hits with Scan' only.

          P.S.
          Thank for all! Issue closed. But I will be glad to see Quick Key feature for Close Call mode per se.
        • Uniden UPMan
          Message 4 of 14 , Jun 4, 2009
            Sorry, we all misunderstood what you were trying to do. But, to enable/disable Close Call mode, pressing FUNC+HOLD isn't much slower than using an SQK...
             UPMan

            ________________________________

            Message 5 of 14 , Jun 4, 2009
              Close Call Mode is activated/desctivated via FUNC-HOLD. Not a one-key
              solution like SQK 0, but fewer keys than SQKs 10-99... :-)

              Joe M.

              Message 6 of 14 , Jun 5, 2009
                >> But, to enable/disable Close Call mode, pressing FUNC+HOLD
                >> isn't much slower than using an SQK...

                I know. But to do that, I must remove scanner from D clip on belt and have both hand free.

                But when I drive on car, I must left wheel for a 3..5 seconds :)

                Is NOT convenient/is NOT safe.

                QKey will be better, because work in one touch.
                Message 7 of 14 , Jun 5, 2009
                  Threaded...

                  just_a_radio_guy wrote:
                  >>> But, to enable/disable Close Call mode, pressing FUNC+HOLD
                  >>> isn't much slower than using an SQK...
                  >
                  > I know. But to do that, I must remove scanner from D clip on belt and have both hand free.

                  Naaaa... hitting the FUNC key is easy (much easier than any front key)
                  and the HOLD key is easier to find than any number key since it's in the
                  top left corner - practically right next to the FUNC key.

                  As for both hands, nope. The FUNC key is sticky - you can hit it then
                  hit the HOLD key with one finger easily let alone two hands.

                  > But when I drive on car, I must left wheel for a 3..5 seconds :)

                  With very little practice, you can shave that down to less than one second.

                  > Is NOT convenient/is NOT safe.

                  Technically true, but just as true for a SQK - especially a two-digit one.

                  > QKey will be better, because work in one touch.

                  That's the one point I'll agree with you on, but again the FUNC key is
                  trivial to hit first, and finding the HOLD key is easier. In fact, both
                  can be done without looking at the keypad - something not true for SQKs.