Re: [BCD396XT] Re: Quick Key "0" and Close Call

  • Paul Opitz
    Message 1 of 14 , Jun 4, 2009
      Yep.
      http://info.uniden.com/twiki/bin/view/UnidenMan4/CloseCall#Set_Quick_Key

      ________________________________
      From: just_a_radio_guy <eika@...>
      To: BCD396XT@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Thursday, June 4, 2009 3:08:09 PM
      Subject: [BCD396XT] Re: Quick Key "0" and Close Call

      > I believe I've read that this is a bug in ProScan. Try manually
      > setting the system to QK 0.

      Here?

      Close Call > Hits with Scan > Set Quick Key?

    • just_a_radio_guy
      Message 2 of 14 , Jun 4, 2009
        I found a problem.

        I must have at least one frequency in temporary system 'Close Call Hits'. If I have nothing here, this system not in scan list and '0' Quick Key have no any effect.
        Message 3 of 14 , Jun 4, 2009
          That's normal. When you enable an 'empty' System, it will not be scanned
          since there is nothing to scan in it.

          Again, you're *not* enabling the Close Call feature - you're enabling
          the Close Call *System* that is empty until you get a Close Call hit.

          Joe M.

          Message 4 of 14 , Jun 4, 2009
            I know that empty system can't be scanned!

            But I've hoped that I can assign Quick Key for Close Call mode, not to 'Close Call Hits' system.

            I have mistaken because isn't clear what this setting do when you use ProScan. It located in simple of features on 'Close Call Setting' tab and noting indicates that it for 'Hits with Scan' only.

            P.S.
            Thank for all! Issue closed. But I will be glad to see Quick Key feature for Close Call mode per se.
          • Uniden UPMan
            Message 5 of 14 , Jun 4, 2009
              Sorry, we all misunderstood what you were trying to do. But, to enable/disable Close Call mode, pressing FUNC+HOLD isn't much slower than using an SQK...
               UPMan

              ________________________________

              Message 6 of 14 , Jun 4, 2009
                Close Call Mode is activated/desctivated via FUNC-HOLD. Not a one-key
                solution like SQK 0, but fewer keys than SQKs 10-99... :-)

                Joe M.

                Message 7 of 14 , Jun 5, 2009
                  >> But, to enable/disable Close Call mode, pressing FUNC+HOLD
                  >> isn't much slower than using an SQK...

                  I know. But to do that, I must remove scanner from D clip on belt and have both hand free.

                  But when I drive on car, I must left wheel for a 3..5 seconds :)

                  Is NOT convenient/is NOT safe.

                  QKey will be better, because work in one touch.
                  Message 8 of 14 , Jun 5, 2009
                    Threaded...

                    just_a_radio_guy wrote:
                    >>> But, to enable/disable Close Call mode, pressing FUNC+HOLD
                    >>> isn't much slower than using an SQK...
                    >
                    > I know. But to do that, I must remove scanner from D clip on belt and have both hand free.

                    Naaaa... hitting the FUNC key is easy (much easier than any front key)
                    and the HOLD key is easier to find than any number key since it's in the
                    top left corner - practically right next to the FUNC key.

                    As for both hands, nope. The FUNC key is sticky - you can hit it then
                    hit the HOLD key with one finger easily let alone two hands.

                    > But when I drive on car, I must left wheel for a 3..5 seconds :)

                    With very little practice, you can shave that down to less than one second.

                    > Is NOT convenient/is NOT safe.

                    Technically true, but just as true for a SQK - especially a two-digit one.

                    > QKey will be better, because work in one touch.

                    That's the one point I'll agree with you on, but again the FUNC key is
                    trivial to hit first, and finding the HOLD key is easier. In fact, both
                    can be done without looking at the keypad - something not true for SQKs.