RE: [BCD396XT] Quick Key "0" and Close Call

  • Artem
    Message 1 of 14 , Jun 4, 2009
      UPMan, sorry, but where? I can't find this setting in XT!

      --

      Regards,

      Art

      I believe I've read that this is a bug in ProScan. Try manually setting the
      system to QK 0.
      UPMan

    • just_a_radio_guy
      Message 2 of 14 , Jun 4, 2009
        > I believe I've read that this is a bug in ProScan. Try manually
        > setting the system to QK 0.

        Here?

        Close Call > Hits with Scan > Set Quick Key?
        Message 3 of 14 , Jun 4, 2009
          I know SQK 0 is an issue in bcTool. Haven't heard either way with ProScan.

          Joe M.

          Uniden UPMan wrote:
          > I believe I've read that this is a bug in ProScan. Try manually setting the system to QK 0.
          > UPMan
          >

          > ________________________________

        • Paul Opitz
          Message 4 of 14 , Jun 4, 2009
            Yep.
            http://info.uniden.com/twiki/bin/view/UnidenMan4/CloseCall#Set_Quick_Key

            ________________________________

            Message 5 of 14 , Jun 4, 2009
              I found a problem.

              I must have at least one frequency in temporary system 'Close Call Hits'. If I have nothing here, this system not in scan list and '0' Quick Key have no any effect.
              Message 6 of 14 , Jun 4, 2009
                That's normal. When you enable an 'empty' System, it will not be scanned
                since there is nothing to scan in it.

                Again, you're *not* enabling the Close Call feature - you're enabling
                the Close Call *System* that is empty until you get a Close Call hit.

                Joe M.

                Message 7 of 14 , Jun 4, 2009
                  I know that empty system can't be scanned!

                  But I've hoped that I can assign Quick Key for Close Call mode, not to 'Close Call Hits' system.

                  I have mistaken because isn't clear what this setting do when you use ProScan. It located in simple of features on 'Close Call Setting' tab and noting indicates that it for 'Hits with Scan' only.

                  P.S.
                  Thank for all! Issue closed. But I will be glad to see Quick Key feature for Close Call mode per se.
                • Uniden UPMan
                  Message 8 of 14 , Jun 4, 2009
                    Sorry, we all misunderstood what you were trying to do. But, to enable/disable Close Call mode, pressing FUNC+HOLD isn't much slower than using an SQK...
                     UPMan

                    ________________________________

                    Message 9 of 14 , Jun 4, 2009
                      Close Call Mode is activated/desctivated via FUNC-HOLD. Not a one-key
                      solution like SQK 0, but fewer keys than SQKs 10-99... :-)

                      Joe M.

                      Message 10 of 14 , Jun 5, 2009
                        >> But, to enable/disable Close Call mode, pressing FUNC+HOLD
                        >> isn't much slower than using an SQK...

                        I know. But to do that, I must remove scanner from D clip on belt and have both hand free.

                        But when I drive on car, I must left wheel for a 3..5 seconds :)

                        Is NOT convenient/is NOT safe.

                        QKey will be better, because work in one touch.
                        Message 11 of 14 , Jun 5, 2009
                          Threaded...

                          just_a_radio_guy wrote:
                          >>> But, to enable/disable Close Call mode, pressing FUNC+HOLD
                          >>> isn't much slower than using an SQK...
                          >
                          > I know. But to do that, I must remove scanner from D clip on belt and have both hand free.

                          Naaaa... hitting the FUNC key is easy (much easier than any front key)
                          and the HOLD key is easier to find than any number key since it's in the
                          top left corner - practically right next to the FUNC key.

                          As for both hands, nope. The FUNC key is sticky - you can hit it then
                          hit the HOLD key with one finger easily let alone two hands.

                          > But when I drive on car, I must left wheel for a 3..5 seconds :)

                          With very little practice, you can shave that down to less than one second.

                          > Is NOT convenient/is NOT safe.

                          Technically true, but just as true for a SQK - especially a two-digit one.

                          > QKey will be better, because work in one touch.

                          That's the one point I'll agree with you on, but again the FUNC key is
                          trivial to hit first, and finding the HOLD key is easier. In fact, both
                          can be done without looking at the keypad - something not true for SQKs.