RE: [BCD396XT] Re: About audio

  • Mike
    Message 1 of 9 , Jun 2, 2009
      Dan,

      They are on EBay all the time.

      http://shop.ebay.com/items/?_nkw=BC-RH96
      <http://shop.ebay.com/items/?_nkw=BC-RH96&_sacat=0&_trksid=p3286.m270.l1313&
      _odkw=uniden+scanner&_osacat=0>
      &_sacat=0&_trksid=p3286.m270.l1313&_odkw=uniden+scanner&_osacat=0

      Hello -

      Where did you locate a remote head for the 396XT?

      Thanks,
      Dan

      --- In BCD396XT@yahoogroup <mailto:BCD396XT%40yahoogroups.com> s.com,
      "shelleysh1@..." <shelleysh1@...> wrote:

      > Hi Robert!
      > I use one of my 396XTs in my car at all times. I have it positioned so
      that it faces me and, at half-volume, it's plenty loud! It's connected to a
      remote head so I don't look at the radio itself, but I can easily reach it
      if I want to either pause it to listen to something going on or to
      temporarily lockout something else. I do know, from others in the group,
      that if the speaker isn't facing you or "out in the open" it may be more
      difficult to hear. But I've found it to be very loud and clear! For me it's
      simply how it's positioned in my car. I'm sure others will have input for
      you on this as well. Enjoy it!!

    • dmccorm@charter.net
      Message 2 of 9 , Jun 3, 2009
        > Where did you locate a remote head for the 396XT?

        That would be the Uniden BC-RH96:
        http://www.uniden.com/products/productdetail.cfm?product=BC-RH96&filter=Public%20Safety
      • shelleysh1@att.net
        Message 3 of 9 , Jun 3, 2009
          Hi Dan,

          I've had my remote head since it was released - at least a year or two ago. Got it for my 396T and then did the firmware update to make it compatible with the 396XT. I find it invaluable in the car because I don't have to take my eyes off the road to see what agency is dispatching, etc. A quick glance at the remote head, which is mounted on the dash, just to the right of where I'm looking out. I can glance over and see the display without ever looking away from the road ahead of me. It works really well!

          As someone else mentioned, you can find pretty good buys for them on eBay. I would advise you to make sure they also have all the wiring with it if you bid on one. It's just easier - rather than having to order replacements from Uniden or somewhere else.

          Shelley