Re: [BCD396XT] Feature?

  • Jeff Miller
    Message 1 of 5 , Jun 1, 2009
      Do you mean password protect it?

      --- On Mon, 6/1/09, papascanner <papascanner@...> wrote:

      From: papascanner <papascanner@...>
      Subject: [BCD396XT] Feature?
      To: BCD396XT@yahoogroups.com
      Date: Monday, June 1, 2009, 6:57 PM

      Can you set this scanner up so you have to enter a code after it is powered up before you can use it?

    • papascanner
      Message 2 of 5 , Jun 2, 2009
        That's what I said.

      • Don.Curtis@att.net
        Message 3 of 5 , Jun 2, 2009
          And the answer is....no, you can not password protect the scanner.

          -------------- Original message from "papascanner" <papascanner@...>: --------------

        • dmccorm@charter.net
          Message 4 of 5 , Jun 3, 2009
            The password feature is something found on the GRE PSR500/RadioShack PRO-106.

            With the FreeSCAN program (version .9+) you can "protect" systems from modification and also use the KeySafe feature on the radio to keep others from modifying them or messing them up yourself.