Feature?

  • papascanner
    Message 1 of 5 , Jun 1, 2009
      Can you set this scanner up so you have to enter a code after it is powered up before you can use it?
    • Jeff Miller
      Message 2 of 5 , Jun 1, 2009
        Do you mean password protect it?

        Message 3 of 5 , Jun 2, 2009
          That's what I said.

        • Don.Curtis@att.net
          Message 4 of 5 , Jun 2, 2009
            And the answer is....no, you can not password protect the scanner.

            -------------- Original message from "papascanner" <papascanner@...>: --------------

          • dmccorm@charter.net
            Message 5 of 5 , Jun 3, 2009
              The password feature is something found on the GRE PSR500/RadioShack PRO-106.

              With the FreeSCAN program (version .9+) you can "protect" systems from modification and also use the KeySafe feature on the radio to keep others from modifying them or messing them up yourself.