Re: Dual Mode ? Trunked System

  • shelleysh1@att.net
    Message 1 of 10 , Jun 1, 2009
      LOL Jeff - you got me! I'm picking up St. Charles City pretty well, especially mobile. I'll check to see if I have the extra frequency entered or not and let you know via email. We can also compare notes in email about St. Louis City. I'd like to know if you're receiving all the districts - that's what has been problematic outside city limits. A couple of the TGs have been loud and clear though. Anyway, we can discuss in email!
      Shelley :)

    • SRehm24416@aol.com
      Message 2 of 10 , Jun 1, 2009
        I am in the city and I am picking up all the districts. There is no deviation in signal like with the analog system. I still think there was/is an antenna issue with some transmissions. I can get a very strong signal on a TG then if it switches repeaters the next signal may or may not be strong. Very odd and I am sure I am the only one that notices it.

        The new system is still using the tower downtown next to the comm center. So I have been told by a city dispatcher. They still have the back up on Sublette and they just built a new tower on Union at the area lll station. Don't know what they are going to use that for yet.

        The city has also scaled back or eliminated special groups like the SCAT, and others. So there is minimal "extra" traffic and not as many TG's as there used to be.

        I was shocked to hear the city out on Manchester but when you look closely it is very high and you can see pretty far. The old (still there I think) SBC/AT&T building up by Metro West house 1 used to have a huge SW antenna on the roof. Boy what a distance that could cover. I think I may have even heard them using it for a test many years ago talking all over the country with other stations. That is when I had the time to actually listen to my SW radio. Ha.

        Anyway, what kind of questions do you have, or comments etc. Don't know if I can answer any of them but maybe we can learn something.

        jeff