Free software

  • Derek Helling
    Message 1 of 5 , May 31, 2009
      True free is good, but a lot of work has gone into free scan and I don't want the developer to just drop it.  So I sent him $20, I hope the rest of his grateful users will do the same.

      Sent from the bathroom on my new netbook.

      Derek

      Message 2 of 5 , Jun 1, 2009
        I TOTALLY agree Derek! Assaf has written a really good piece of software for our BCD396XTs and continues to update it frequently! It may be free but that shouldn't stop those of us who use it from making a donation for all his hard work. I also did after the first time I used it. I was very impressed with the program and thought it only fair to pay him for it.

        Shelley

      • dmccorm@charter.net
        Message 3 of 5 , Jun 1, 2009
          I agree. I made a donation to him this weeked. He is doing a fine job.

          Message 4 of 5 , Jun 1, 2009
            I had some success this weekend using the Uniden BC346XT and BCD396XT with Trunk 88 and Pro96Com (396XT only for Pro96Com becuase of the P25 decode).

            What I didn't realize was that you have to program the trunked control channel in a System before it will work. If you just try to use a custom search limit (with, or without CC-Only) it will not work. If you just put the control channel frequency in the Hold mode it will not work either. Keep in mind that the BC346XT will not work for P25 because it needs the control channel in a valid system before it works.

            Just for giggles I tried UniTrunker 1.0.0.5 Alpha again with no luck, but others should try to see if it will work. I have yet to try UniTrunker-Retro to see if it will work.

            Also, I have yet to see if the "extended" data has a purpose for the current decoders.

            Can anyone else shead some light on the extended output?

            By the way you can verify if the output is working by using a terminal program such as the Windows Hyperterm.
          • Troy
            Message 5 of 5 , Jun 1, 2009
              A donation has already been made!