About audio

  • Robert
    Message 1 of 9 , May 26 2:56 PM
      Hi
      I have question about how strong is audio in bcd396xt? is it loud in car if driving ? it is clear?
      I have BCT15 is it good for car
      If I bring BCD396XT to the car it be loud and no problem with listening?

      Sorry for my English

      robert

    • shelleysh1@att.net
      Message 2 of 9 , May 27 7:54 AM
        Hi Robert!
        I use one of my 396XTs in my car at all times. I have it positioned so that it faces me and, at half-volume, it's plenty loud! It's connected to a remote head so I don't look at the radio itself, but I can easily reach it if I want to either pause it to listen to something going on or to temporarily lockout something else. I do know, from others in the group, that if the speaker isn't facing you or "out in the open" it may be more difficult to hear. But I've found it to be very loud and clear! For me it's simply how it's positioned in my car. I'm sure others will have input for you on this as well. Enjoy it!!
        Shelley

        --- In BCD396XT@yahoogroups.com, "Robert" <wild555@...> wrote:

        > Hi
        > I have question about how strong is audio in bcd396xt? is it loud in car if driving ? it is clear?
        > I have BCT15 is it good for car
        > If I bring BCD396XT to the car it be loud and no problem with listening?
        >
        > Sorry for my English
        >
        > robert

      • dan_sekerak
        Message 3 of 9 , May 29 4:41 PM
          --- In BCD396XT@yahoogroups.com, "Robert" <wild555@...> wrote:

          > Hi
          > I have question about how strong is audio in bcd396xt? is it loud in car if driving ? it is clear?
          > I have BCT15 is it good for car
          > If I bring BCD396XT to the car it be loud and no problem with listening?
          >
          > Sorry for my English
          >
          > robert

          I think its loud enough for in the car use as long as all your windows are closed (seriously). The audio is decent - about the same as the 396T.
        • Scott
          Message 4 of 9 , May 30 9:09 AM
            This has a lot to do with how loud the inside of your car is. I have an older, noisier vehicle (the scanner is probably worth more than the vehicle!). The XT is just BARELY loud enough. If the AC is on MAX, or the broadcast radio "AM/FM" is on at much above a whisper, I cannot hear the XT. An external powered speaker would not be a bad investment in such cases. In my newer van, it's not as bad, but I still have to be careful not to play the broadcast radio too loud or I could miss something . . .

            KB0ULA

            Message 5 of 9 , May 30 12:05 PM
              I know , some people says is loud in car(just car etc) but it is same loud like?........ BC120xlt? or any scanner? becouse some people have DIFFERENT opinion.In home in car if is some noises is it clear ,loud easy to read or very poor?
              Just like 400mW(400mWaudio output is very well for me) is it true for 396XT or like AOR 8200( is poor audio in my opinion) If the audio outpu from internal speaker like BC120xlt will be ok is it?

              robert
              This has a lot to do with how loud the inside of your car is. I have an older, noisier vehicle (the scanner is probably worth more than the vehicle!). The XT is just BARELY loud enough. If the AC is on MAX, or the broadcast radio "AM/FM" is on at much above a whisper, I cannot hear the XT. An external powered speaker would not be a bad investment in such cases. In my newer van, it's not as bad, but I still have to be careful not to play the broadcast radio too loud or I could miss something . . .

              KB0ULA

              --- In BCD396XT@yahoogroups.com, "dan_sekerak" <dcsekerak@...> wrote:

              > --- In BCD396XT@yahoogroups.com, "Robert" <wild555@> wrote:
              > >
              > > Hi
              > > I have question about how strong is audio in bcd396xt? is it loud in car if driving ? it is clear?
              > > I have BCT15 is it good for car
              > > If I bring BCD396XT to the car it be loud and no problem with listening?
              > >
              > > Sorry for my English
              > >
              > > robert

              > I think its loud enough for in the car use as long as all your windows are closed (seriously). The audio is decent - about the same as the 396T.

              Nie znaleziono wirusa w tej wiadomosci przychodzacej.
              Sprawdzone przez AVG - www.avg.com
              Wersja: 8.5.339 / Baza danych wirusów: 270.12.46/2143 - Data wydania: 05/30/09 05:53:00

            • textbreaking
              Message 6 of 9 , Jun 2, 2009
                Hello -

                Where did you locate a remote head for the 396XT?

                Thanks,
                Dan

                --- In BCD396XT@yahoogroups.com, "shelleysh1@..." <shelleysh1@...> wrote:

                > Hi Robert!
                > I use one of my 396XTs in my car at all times. I have it positioned so that it faces me and, at half-volume, it's plenty loud! It's connected to a remote head so I don't look at the radio itself, but I can easily reach it if I want to either pause it to listen to something going on or to temporarily lockout something else. I do know, from others in the group, that if the speaker isn't facing you or "out in the open" it may be more difficult to hear. But I've found it to be very loud and clear! For me it's simply how it's positioned in my car. I'm sure others will have input for you on this as well. Enjoy it!!
                > Shelley

              • Mike
                Message 7 of 9 , Jun 2, 2009
                  Dan,

                  They are on EBay all the time.

                  http://shop.ebay.com/items/?_nkw=BC-RH96
                  <http://shop.ebay.com/items/?_nkw=BC-RH96&_sacat=0&_trksid=p3286.m270.l1313&
                  _odkw=uniden+scanner&_osacat=0>

                  --- In BCD396XT@yahoogroup <mailto:BCD396XT%40yahoogroups.com> s.com,

                • dmccorm@charter.net
                  Message 8 of 9 , Jun 3, 2009
                    > Where did you locate a remote head for the 396XT?

                    That would be the Uniden BC-RH96:
                    http://www.uniden.com/products/productdetail.cfm?product=BC-RH96&filter=Public%20Safety
                  • shelleysh1@att.net
                    Message 9 of 9 , Jun 3, 2009
                      Hi Dan,

                      I've had my remote head since it was released - at least a year or two ago. Got it for my 396T and then did the firmware update to make it compatible with the 396XT. I find it invaluable in the car because I don't have to take my eyes off the road to see what agency is dispatching, etc. A quick glance at the remote head, which is mounted on the dash, just to the right of where I'm looking out. I can glance over and see the display without ever looking away from the road ahead of me. It works really well!

                      As someone else mentioned, you can find pretty good buys for them on eBay. I would advise you to make sure they also have all the wiring with it if you bid on one. It's just easier - rather than having to order replacements from Uniden or somewhere else.

                      Shelley