Re: [BCD396XT] Uniden Parts Frustration

  • Uniden UPMan
    Message 1 of 2 , May 26, 2009
      I recommend using:
      http://info.uniden.com/twiki/bin/view/UnidenMan4/PartsRequest

      UPMan

      ________________________________
      From: Bob Arenella <rja12@...>
      To: BCD396XT@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Tuesday, May 26, 2009 4:06:11 PM
      Subject: [BCD396XT] Uniden Parts Frustration

      Well, here I am, on hold, AGAIN. Multiple phone calls to Uniden Parts,
      dropped call, on hold more than 2 hours, and that's just today. I'm trying
      to order a belt clip hanger. Now I'm told that it's on back order for at
      least a month. Over two months ago, I ordered a front case half for my 396T.
      I was told it would be available in early June. Now they tell me late July.
      I've got more than $1,500 worth of uniden scanners on my desk and UNIDEN
      can't supply me with the parts I need. Arrrrrrghhhh.

      It gets better...... ......the first time I ordered the belt clip hanger
      assy, I received a..........belt clip. Close, no cigar. Is anyone else
      having problems ordering parts from Uniden? Anyone have a spare belt clip
      hanger assy and / or a front case half that they could sell me ??

      Upman, don't mean to rag on Uniden, but what's the story with the parts
      availability ??

      Rob,
      Frustrated 246T, 396T, 996T and BCD396XT owner