Re: DC 1001 Car Lighter Adaptor

  • flathatter_fa18
    Message 1 of 4 , May 25, 2009

      > Yes, overcharge is possible. Below the second (middle) cell, there is a
      > switch. Switch it to the ALK position and it won't try to charge the
      > cells. I would also recommend a dedicated NiMH charger to charge your cells.
      >
      > Joe M.

      Joe:

      Thanks for the info; moving the switch to ALK (and leaving it there) seems like a fool proof way to ensure that the batteries do not get overcharged. I normally use hybrid Ni-Mh batteries.

      I have a Maha and also a LaCrosse battery chargers; I plan on charging a spare set of batteries while running the scanner (unless I'm mobile, and I'll save the battery power by using the DC1001 car adaptor).