Re: [BCD396XT] ... found an official review of 396xt on scannermaster.

    Message 1 of 7 , May 7, 2009
      Each unit has its good points and bad points - just like all the
      previous models.

      Joe M.

    • dmccorm@charter.net
      Message 2 of 7 , May 8, 2009
        IMHO, I wouldn't call it a "official review", especially if it's on a web site selling the radio. I can find a similar review style on the Grove web site with an advertisement from the same seller next to it.

        As Joe mentioned, both radios have benefits that the other does not. Each manufacturer just does it a little differently.

      • Sylvain Lamarre
        Message 3 of 7 , May 8, 2009
          Hi,

          ... Is this the review that makes references to the "BCD396D" scanner? ;=)

          -Sylvain.
          (envoyé de mon iPod Touch)

          Message 4 of 7 , May 8, 2009
            I definitely prefer the xt over the others by far. I have owned just about 10 scanners in the past and have owned the 396T classic makes me appreciate the xt even more. Interestingly enough I have programed all of my radios including the xt manually. I guess it makes me nothing short of an amateur in manual programming. Lol. Happy scanning to all. Pr 79

            From: <dmccorm@...>

            Date: Fri, 8 May 2009 8:32:12
            To: <BCD396XT@yahoogroups.com>
            Cc: MCH<mch@...>
            Subject: Re: [BCD396XT] ... found an official review of 396xt on
            scannermaster.

            IMHO, I wouldn't call it a "official review", especially if it's on a web site selling the radio. I can find a similar review style on the Grove web site with an advertisement from the same seller next to it.

            As Joe mentioned, both radios have benefits that the other does not. Each manufacturer just does it a little differently.

          • Rich Carlson
            Message 5 of 7 , May 8, 2009
              Thanks for catching that!

              I will have that fixed. When I wrote the original doc I just use 96D
              as a shorthand for the BCD396T and later did a Search & Replace and
              must have typoed the "Replace" part!

              On Fri, May 8, 2009 at 11:13 AM, Sylvain Lamarre <lamarrsy@...> wrote:

              > Hi,
              >
              > ... Is this the review that makes references to the "BCD396D" scanner?     ;=)

              Rich Carlson, N9JIG