396XT -3.01 Firmware

  • dataman60435
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 23, 2008
      I agree with "Brian" (chicagostretch), here in ILL on Starcom Digital
      700/800 this firmware is still not the answer to quality audio and
      decoding....A great scanner friend of mine just loaded the recent
      firmware for my GRE500 and even me being a Uniden "very good customer"
      have to admit the GRE audio quality and decode of Starcom is
      EXCELLENT...Plus, we did not need a checksum # or registration to load
      this firmware (1.6-1.3) which was loaded with new radio features like
      RadioID's and loaded the firmware in minutes...Mr. Opitz is a
      excellent rep for Uniden and they have made some very good featured
      products but ease of loading new firmware and new features needs to
      be re-thought about...