Re: [BCD396XT] Re: GPS Feature

    Message 1 of 27 , May 3, 2009
      The GPS will not control Quick Key status - it only uses the Lockout status.

      As for the best solution, I would submit that the easiest solution is to
      just use a cheap GPS at your house or maybe get a GPS data simulator for
      a PC to feed the scanner 'fake location data'.

      Joe M.

      JAN FINE wrote:
      > How about keeping the quick keys, for those systems you don't want to listen to at home. Leave those quick keys off. Then when you have the GPS connected it will turn them on. Another way is to use the Start up keys. Have 1 set of start up keys for when you are home.

    • tuckyguy08
      Message 2 of 27 , May 4, 2009
        Thanks to everyone who replied. I will try the solutions provided as soon as I finish working out a location range kink I am experiencing.
        Somewhere between Freescan and my scanner, the ranges of my locations change from my desired settings of 3-5 miles to higher ranges, usually in a multiple of 8, such as 8 miles, 32 or 64 miles.
        This is frustrating, but once I resolve it, I will tackle the generation of Systems with Startup Keys.

        tuckyguy
      • nocreativety
        Message 3 of 27 , May 4, 2009
          Actually this is a bug that occurs in .8E. It happens with conventional groups. However, the next version will fix this.

          --- In BCD396XT@yahoogroups.com, "tuckyguy08" <tuckyguy08@...> wrote:

          > Thanks to everyone who replied. I will try the solutions provided as soon as I finish working out a location range kink I am experiencing.
          > Somewhere between Freescan and my scanner, the ranges of my locations change from my desired settings of 3-5 miles to higher ranges, usually in a multiple of 8, such as 8 miles, 32 or 64 miles.
          > This is frustrating, but once I resolve it, I will tackle the generation of Systems with Startup Keys.
          >
          > tuckyguy

        • tuckyguy08
          Message 4 of 27 , May 4, 2009
            Thanks for the response. Any idea when the next version will be released?

            tuckyguy
          • nocreativety
            Message 5 of 27 , May 4, 2009
              A few more weeks and it will be ready to go with support for the new XT scanners as well.