RE: [BCD396XT] Re: GPS Feature

  • Dewey
    Message 1 of 27 , May 3, 2009
      You could use the start up keys provided that the systems you want turned on
      are not already programmed to a start up key.

      Dewey

      Message 2 of 27 , May 3, 2009
        Also some business and LTR repeaters that I only listen with the GPS I have under 1 quick key. The XT model radios provide you with a lot of choices to do a lot of the things that you want.

        I set up two different sets of systems: System assigned to Startup Key 1 are for GPS use and are all enabled/disabled by GPS (and are subdivided down to the patrol district). Systems assigned to Startup Key 2 are for at my desk and don't use GPS (and are "lumped together" more coarsely than the GPS ones). When I put it in the car, I press 1 while powering on to lockout the "desk" systems and unlock the "mobile" systems. Similarly, when I put it back on my desk, I hold 2 while powering on to lockout all the GPS systems and unlock the desk systems.

        Message 3 of 27 , May 3, 2009
          The GPS will not control Quick Key status - it only uses the Lockout status.

          As for the best solution, I would submit that the easiest solution is to
          just use a cheap GPS at your house or maybe get a GPS data simulator for
          a PC to feed the scanner 'fake location data'.

          Joe M.

          JAN FINE wrote:
          > How about keeping the quick keys, for those systems you don't want to listen to at home. Leave those quick keys off. Then when you have the GPS connected it will turn them on. Another way is to use the Start up keys. Have 1 set of start up keys for when you are home.

        • tuckyguy08
          Message 4 of 27 , May 4, 2009
            Thanks to everyone who replied. I will try the solutions provided as soon as I finish working out a location range kink I am experiencing.
            Somewhere between Freescan and my scanner, the ranges of my locations change from my desired settings of 3-5 miles to higher ranges, usually in a multiple of 8, such as 8 miles, 32 or 64 miles.
            This is frustrating, but once I resolve it, I will tackle the generation of Systems with Startup Keys.

            tuckyguy
          • nocreativety
            Message 5 of 27 , May 4, 2009
              Actually this is a bug that occurs in .8E. It happens with conventional groups. However, the next version will fix this.

              --- In BCD396XT@yahoogroups.com, "tuckyguy08" <tuckyguy08@...> wrote:

              > Thanks to everyone who replied. I will try the solutions provided as soon as I finish working out a location range kink I am experiencing.
              > Somewhere between Freescan and my scanner, the ranges of my locations change from my desired settings of 3-5 miles to higher ranges, usually in a multiple of 8, such as 8 miles, 32 or 64 miles.
              > This is frustrating, but once I resolve it, I will tackle the generation of Systems with Startup Keys.
              >
              > tuckyguy

            • tuckyguy08
              Message 6 of 27 , May 4, 2009
                Thanks for the response. Any idea when the next version will be released?

                tuckyguy
              • nocreativety
                Message 7 of 27 , May 4, 2009
                  A few more weeks and it will be ready to go with support for the new XT scanners as well.