P25 Singe Freq Trunking and Freescan

  • bearcat
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 30, 2009
      I hope I am not off topic for mentioning this here.

      If so. Sorry.

      Has anybody else noticed if they enter a P251FT system with FreeScan it will
      not work,

      Meaning while scanning in ID SEARCH it near stops on any conversations.

      Everything in FreeScan appears to be set correctly.

      If I enter the system by hand all is well.

      Anybody else notice this?

      Rich

    • Larry Koch
      Message 2 of 4 , Apr 30, 2009
        Is there a way to permanently change the function of the rotary control (knob on top) so "volume" is the default? Right now the default is to change the direction of the scan. To change the volume I have to tap the knob to get to the volume function.

        I've never figured out why the direction of the scan is something I would want to change.

        Thanks

        Larry

        Message 3 of 4 , Apr 30, 2009
          1. Yes - just lock the keypad and the default will be volume. I know -
          not the best fix, but it works.

          2. If you miss something and you want to 'scan back to it'.

          Joe M.

          Larry Koch wrote:
          > Is there a way to permanently change the function of the rotary control (knob on top) so "volume" is the default? Right now the default is to change the direction of the scan. To change the volume I have to tap the knob to get to the volume function.
          >

          > I've never figured out why the direction of the scan is something I would want to change.
          >

          > Thanks
          >
          > Larry

        • nocreativety
          Message 4 of 4 , May 1, 2009
            No not off topic at all. Have you *seen* some of the previous threads? :)

            Anyway, try setting it to P25 Standard instead and see if that works.