RE: [BCD396XT] P25 Systems and the APCO Band Plan settings in FreeSCAN

  • Brian Hall
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 27, 2009
      Cool, thanks!

      From: BCD396XT@yahoogroups.com [mailto:BCD396XT@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf
      Of MCH
      Sent: Monday, April 27, 2009 1:15 PM
      To: BCD396XT@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: Re: [BCD396XT] P25 Systems and the APCO Band Plan settings in
      FreeSCAN

      The XT (and other Uniden scanners) will fill the bandplans in
      automatically for P25 systems - rebanded or not - rebanding has no
      effect on P25 systems other than changing the control channel frequencies.

      Joe M.

      Brian Hall wrote:
      > I'm programming the Idaho IIMARS system
      (http://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?sid=4742) into my BCD396XT in
      anticipation for a trip to Idaho next week. In FreeSCAN, there is a site
      setting for P25 Standard systems called APCO Band Plan that has rows labeled
      in hex (0-9, A-F) with frequency and spacing. Do I need to set anything for
      this system specifically, or is this just for the re-banded 800MHz systems?
      The IIMARS system uses frequencies in the 700MHz range.