Re: Close Call Performance for BCD396XT.

  • rbmcnamee
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 22, 2009
      --- In BCD396XT@yahoogroups.com, "professormoriarty1979" <professormoriarty1979@...> wrote:

      > I was just wondering everyone's experience with the close call function on the BCD396xt?

      The BCD396XT is at least as sensitive as on the BCD396T, BCD996T, and BCT15. I have two of each in my den in addition the BCD396XT and they all alert about equally on CC signals. (Using an amplified, outside antenna.) I usually get 100-200 CC hits per week at home.

      My feeling has been that my BCD396XT is 'slightly' more sensitive to CC hits. But that could just be more of a sample difference than that of BCD396XT's in general.

      In my vehicle using a Larsen tri-band, mag-mount antenna & the BCD396XT, I get enough CC hits that it can become annoying at times. I travel about 45 minutes to work and back and I typically get 4 to 7 hits each way.

      Rich