Cincinnati/Hamilton County

  • Tony
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 20, 2008
      Hi Paul,
      I was wondering if this scanner would receive the Hamilton
      County/Cincinnati TRS better than the 396t? I don't really know what
      the difference is with this system as to others, according to R.R., it
      is a Motorola APCO-25 Common Air Interface Exclusive. I don't know if
      this is the same as a multi-site system, but the transmissions often
      get garbled and sometimes missed totally. Most of the time they start
      out clear and then get garbled as the transmission goes on, Both when
      the dispatchers are transmitting and the cars. Thanks - Tony
    • dmccorm@charter.net
      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 20, 2008
        I'll instigate with the "instigator". I'm not Paul, but I'm thinking not a whole lot has changed between the 396 (M&M plain), and 396XLT (Peanut) as far as the receiver goes, because the radio is in the same "size" package. If you are in an area that has good signal, you use a good antenna other than the stock duck, do not have offending signals in a nearby bandwidth, and atmospheric conditions a good, then the P25 reception should be fine on the 396 when closest to the tower of interest. But that's just a guess as far as the XLT goes.

        Message 3 of 3 , Nov 21, 2008
          I appreciate the response, but there is something different about
          these two systems. As far as I know, everyone still has issues with
          them whether they are using GRE or Bearcat. They are two separate
          systems that communicate with one another. I figured Paul might be
          familiar with them. Thanks - Tony