Re: [BCD396XT] Re: Question about "CC Data Output" feature

  • JETorres
    Message 1 of 12 , Nov 12, 2008
      You hook up the cable to your GRE, turn on the CCDump feature on the
      radio and the settings needed on UniTrunker are right on the website
      where you download it. UniTrunker even has a menu where the GRE model
      is selected.

      www.unitrunker.com

      On Nov 12, 2008, at 5:52 AM, just_a_radio_guy <eika@...> wrote:

      >> You CAN use the GREs "filtered" output with UniTrunker, I'm doing it
      >> as we speak just fine..,.
      >
      > How?
      >
      > We tried few trunk decoders with GRE and no luck with filtered output.
      > But home made Discriminator Tap works just fine!

    • scorpionutv
      Message 2 of 12 , Nov 12, 2008
        My understanding is that on the GRE models, you have to put the
        scanner into this mode by holding some obscure combination of keys at
        power on. I guess this would also work for Uniden if they chose to
        provide baseband audio at the headphone jack as an option for those
        who want to hook it up directly to a data slicer.

        Anyway, I appreciate all of the speculatory responses, but I was kind
        of looking for an official response from Paul or someone else who
        knows the details of this feature for certain.

        Jeremy

        > I bet this will be like the GRE counterpart where the data is
        available
        > at the programming jack, and not the earphone jack.
        >
        > I like your idea of being able to choose the audio. The only problem
        > with it is that you will no doubt have people using discriminator
        audio
        > and earphones which could damage your hearing and result in a huge
        money
        > lawsuit, so I doubt Uniden would do it.
        >
        > Joe M.
        >
        > scorpionutv wrote:
        > > As per the product announcement:
        > >
        > > "Control Channel Data Output – allows the analysis of
        > > control channel data without the need to perform invasive
        > > modifications to the scanner"
        > >
        > > Am I to understand that this feature will essentially allow the
        user
        > > to choose between having discriminator audio or filtered audio at
        the
        > > headphone jack? Obviously if this is the case, it is not limited
        > > listening to control channels only, or so I would presume...or
        have I
        > > completely missed the boat on this one?
        > >
        > > Jeremy

      • johnstark
        Message 3 of 12 , Nov 12, 2008
          You don't do anything key wise, just run the software, it's automatic on the
          500/600.....