Re: Question about "CC Data Output" feature

  • just_a_radio_guy
    Message 1 of 12 , Nov 12, 2008
      > The only difference is where it is sliced - in the scanner or in the
      PC.
      > Why not just use a program that *does* support control channel data
      like
      > PRO96COM (which is like "UniTrunker, T4Win, TrunkView & etc.").
      >
      > Joe M.

      It such one. I use different software decoders. Then PRO96COM supports
      Motorola Type I/II Trunking? EDACS? EDACS ESK? MPT1327? Any other
      digital converstions like is paging & etc.?

      As far as I know, no! What else questions?
      Message 2 of 12 , Nov 12, 2008
        Motorola and EDACS would be supported by the scanner, I imagine. It does
        not support MPT1327 (of which there is VERY little in the USA), and
        paging decoding is illegal in the USA.

        I think PRO96COM only supports Motorola at this time.

        Turning your argument around, why is it that Unitrunker, T4Win and
        Trunkview do not support raw data? It's one less thing the program would
        have to do, and should be trivial to add.

        Joe M.

        just_a_radio_guy wrote:
        >> The only difference is where it is sliced - in the scanner or in the
        > PC.
        >> Why not just use a program that *does* support control channel data
        > like
        >> PRO96COM (which is like "UniTrunker, T4Win, TrunkView & etc.").
        >>
        >> Joe M.
        >
        > It such one. I use different software decoders. Then PRO96COM supports
        > Motorola Type I/II Trunking? EDACS? EDACS ESK? MPT1327? Any other
        > digital converstions like is paging & etc.?
        >
        > As far as I know, no! What else questions?

      • JETorres
        Message 3 of 12 , Nov 12, 2008
          You hook up the cable to your GRE, turn on the CCDump feature on the
          radio and the settings needed on UniTrunker are right on the website
          where you download it. UniTrunker even has a menu where the GRE model
          is selected.

          www.unitrunker.com

          On Nov 12, 2008, at 5:52 AM, just_a_radio_guy <eika@...> wrote:

          >> You CAN use the GREs "filtered" output with UniTrunker, I'm doing it
          >> as we speak just fine..,.
          >
          > How?
          >
          > We tried few trunk decoders with GRE and no luck with filtered output.
          > But home made Discriminator Tap works just fine!

        • scorpionutv
          Message 4 of 12 , Nov 12, 2008
            My understanding is that on the GRE models, you have to put the
            scanner into this mode by holding some obscure combination of keys at
            power on. I guess this would also work for Uniden if they chose to
            provide baseband audio at the headphone jack as an option for those
            who want to hook it up directly to a data slicer.

            Anyway, I appreciate all of the speculatory responses, but I was kind
            of looking for an official response from Paul or someone else who
            knows the details of this feature for certain.

            Jeremy

            > I bet this will be like the GRE counterpart where the data is
            available
            > at the programming jack, and not the earphone jack.
            >
            > I like your idea of being able to choose the audio. The only problem
            > with it is that you will no doubt have people using discriminator
            audio
            > and earphones which could damage your hearing and result in a huge
            money
            > lawsuit, so I doubt Uniden would do it.
            >
            > Joe M.
            >
            > scorpionutv wrote:
            > > As per the product announcement:
            > >
            > > "Control Channel Data Output – allows the analysis of
            > > control channel data without the need to perform invasive
            > > modifications to the scanner"
            > >
            > > Am I to understand that this feature will essentially allow the
            user
            > > to choose between having discriminator audio or filtered audio at
            the
            > > headphone jack? Obviously if this is the case, it is not limited
            > > listening to control channels only, or so I would presume...or
            have I
            > > completely missed the boat on this one?
            > >
            > > Jeremy

          • johnstark
            Message 5 of 12 , Nov 12, 2008
              You don't do anything key wise, just run the software, it's automatic on the
              500/600.....