9242Re: [BCD396XT] Re: Distorted Reception at Times

  • John Stark
    Aug 16, 2014
      There are a thousand posts asking the same question and as many reasons. One thing in this case may be overload and being too close to a site.
      Add to it that there is no such thing as complete coverage.
      The garbleing can be from any number of things, and it can be just as bad for you as it is for users.
      Weather can affect signals, when the wind blows I can get garbling on two digital systems. Terrain, buildings, trees, even the type of building can cause it. Garbled talk is NOT from encryption though. You will not hear anything but maybe a hiss or sgueal with encryption.
      And one other thing, with the digital systems using less power that adds to the issue.

      "'red2965 .' mdmitchell65@... [BCD396XT]" <BCD396XT@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

      Just my 2 cents is that when they want to talk in privet they switch to encrypted mode where the average Joe will not be able to understand what they are talking about.
      If that is the case it will do you no good to reprogram it.

      On Sat, Aug 16, 2014 at 3:56 PM, richaja1958@... [BCD396XT] <BCD396XT@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

      It is Winnebago County; Oshkosh WI  P25.  They put a lot of effort into setting the system up here to ensure there would be no "dead spots" in the county.  I live within a mile of a 200 foot tower which is one used by Winnebago County for their communications system.  I sometimes get this garbled reception when I have the scanner at other locations as well.  I have Fond du Lac County programmed in as well.  FDL county is south of Winnebago County and has a mix of analog and digital now.  I do not get the garbled digital reception from FDL.  It is never garbled when I am listening to an analog transmission.  I think I will try to figure out how to turn on the antenuator as suggested and see if that solves my problem.

      I really do appreciate all of your responses and suggestions.

      --
      Mark ~
    • Show all 15 messages in this topic