9224Re: [BCD396XT] Bluetooth transmitter

  • Cory Ricci
    Aug 13, 2014
      I'm not sure about how yours works with using multiple paired devices. I would guess it would mute it (or think you're putting the other 'call', the scanner, on hold). A search for the manual or yours or if you still have it should be able to answer that.

      Sent via iPhone from Cory D. Ricci

      On Aug 13, 2014, at 15:18, "Mike pyro68@... [BCD396XT]" <BCD396XT@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

      Thanks for the input, Cory.  You bring up a good point in that I don't need any fancy controls on the transmitter, as it would only be used on the 396XT.  My earbud is a rather pricey Plantronics model that allows it to be paired simultaneously with two different cellphones.  Works good when I'm carrying my personal phone and my work phone as it pairs with both and allows answering a call from either phone.  I figure I could pair it with my personal phone at the same time it's paired with a transmitter on the 396XT, and kill two birds with one stone so to speak.  Just not sure if the scanner audio would mute when a phone call comes in.  I just hate wired headphones or earbuds where I'm always getting tangled in the wire and it looks too geekish.  Nobody seems to notice a bluetooth earbud, which makes it ideal for listening in a store or out in public.

      Mike

      On 8/13/2014 1:23 PM, Cory Ricci coryricci@... [BCD396XT] wrote:
      Looks like there are plenty of available options on the ol web, I'm always a bit weary of buying some things from certain sites that it comes directly from China or something like that or cases where the product can actually be a fake/clone or the real version. But if you do find one you like and you only plan on using it for this purpose then I'd look for one without the extra features like capability to control play/pause/forward/backward/etc which would likely save you some money. Otherwise they don't seem that spendy at first glance so if you might potentially use it on an MP3 player or something like that then those features may be worth it. My experience with Bluetooth devices such as those we're discussing is that they draw a relatively small amount of power and tend to have a pretty long battery life, especially the later protocols of Bluetooth that improved on consuming even less power than earlier versions.

      You did give me a good idea though, this device you're talking about would be great for my mobile scanners instead of using external speakers on some or all the units I would easily be able to use something like this and pair it with either my stereo deck and listen to a scanner through my car speakers without the Aux In cable or pair it with my GPS navigation and listen to the audio from that (it has BT hands free calling and even an A/V input for a backup cam so the audio quality and intensity are surprisingly quite good for a little speaker on it)

      Sent via iPhone from Cory D. Ricci

      On Aug 13, 2014, at 12:34, "Mike pyro68@... [BCD396XT]" <BCD396XT@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

      Hello all,
      Looking for a bluetooth transmitter that will plug into the BCD396XT to
      give me scanner audio onto my existing bluetooth earbud that I use for
      my cellphones. I've searched a little on Amazon.com but thought I'd
      throw the question out here to see what others have used successfully or
      not so successfully. Preferably something small with good battery life.

      Thanks,
      Mike

    • Show all 51 messages in this topic