9222Re: [BCD396XT] Bluetooth transmitter

  • Cory Ricci
    Aug 13, 2014
      Looks like there are plenty of available options on the ol web, I'm always a bit weary of buying some things from certain sites that it comes directly from China or something like that or cases where the product can actually be a fake/clone or the real version. But if you do find one you like and you only plan on using it for this purpose then I'd look for one without the extra features like capability to control play/pause/forward/backward/etc which would likely save you some money. Otherwise they don't seem that spendy at first glance so if you might potentially use it on an MP3 player or something like that then those features may be worth it. My experience with Bluetooth devices such as those we're discussing is that they draw a relatively small amount of power and tend to have a pretty long battery life, especially the later protocols of Bluetooth that improved on consuming even less power than earlier versions.

      You did give me a good idea though, this device you're talking about would be great for my mobile scanners instead of using external speakers on some or all the units I would easily be able to use something like this and pair it with either my stereo deck and listen to a scanner through my car speakers without the Aux In cable or pair it with my GPS navigation and listen to the audio from that (it has BT hands free calling and even an A/V input for a backup cam so the audio quality and intensity are surprisingly quite good for a little speaker on it)

      Sent via iPhone from Cory D. Ricci

      On Aug 13, 2014, at 12:34, "Mike pyro68@... [BCD396XT]" <BCD396XT@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

      Hello all,
      Looking for a bluetooth transmitter that will plug into the BCD396XT to
      give me scanner audio onto my existing bluetooth earbud that I use for
      my cellphones. I've searched a little on Amazon.com but thought I'd
      throw the question out here to see what others have used successfully or
      not so successfully. Preferably something small with good battery life.

      Thanks,
      Mike

    • Show all 51 messages in this topic