      From: BCD396XT@yahoogroups.com [mailto:BCD396XT@yahoogroups.com]
      Sent: Sunday, June 22, 2014 11:19 AM
      To: BCD396XT@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: RE: [BCD396XT] Re: Cable drivers not working on Windows 8.1

      Per your request, the Hardware Ids are:

      The driver files are:

      Prolific Technology Inc.

      Even though I install much older versions, this is what device manager always show.

      As I stated before, there was an update applied 2/2/14 through windows update accidently.  It was previously blocked, but came through anyway and got installed.  The driver cannot be rolled back.  I can delete the program.  Close down the computer, restart it and nothing is there.  Install the old version 1.5 or 1.6 or 1.6 and the drivers I end up with are the ones shown above.

      I am running windows 8.1 on a 64 bit machine.