9070Re: [BCD396XT] Re: Fire Tone Out search.

    Jun 23, 2014
      The 15 second display can be fixed by setting the delay longer - such as infinite like I suggested previously. When there are multiple tone sets in succession, it depends on the policies of the dispatch center. Usually, they will dispatch the home station first - the one where the call is located. If they do that, the first tone set will be different and you can catch each one. The alternative is to set the delay short (1 second) and try to memorize each tone set.

      Joe M.

      On Jun 23, 2014, at 10:20 PM, "lists@... [BCD396XT]" <BCD396XT@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

      OK, I think I got a handle on what it does when it receives correctly-set tones, but the real question is how do I go about identifying them. I had the scanner set to 0.0 / 0.0 and it found the first one. It flashed for about 15 seconds or so then disappeared. What do I do when they tone out two or three 2-tone groups in immediate succession?
    • Show all 7 messages in this topic