9055RE: [BCD396XT] Cable drivers not working on Windows 8.1

  • USLevi
    Jun 21, 2014

      Yes, this is what I have done.  If the new cable works, I will be glad to have this Prologic issue behind me.

      From: BCD396XT@yahoogroups.com [mailto:BCD396XT@yahoogroups.com]
      Sent: Friday, June 20, 2014 5:04 PM
      To: BCD396XT@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: Re: [BCD396XT] Cable drivers not working on Windows 8.1

      Never restart the computer always shut down it does this with a restart with drivers

      On Friday, June 20, 2014 4:18 PM, "USLevi uslevi@... [BCD396XT]" <BCD396XT@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

      No, Joe I tried that last night and this morning.  Somewhere, when you let your computer apply an update, it is stored so that if you ever reinstall that software, it automatically applies the update again.  That is a good policy, except when you want to get around it.

      The update was added in February so it is no longer removable on Windows Update.

      I have removed the device driver numerous times, even went into the registry and deleted all the occurrences of ser2PL64.sys, rebooted, used registry cleaner, etc.  The only way to fix this I believe is to reinstall windows and all the other programs.  Too much work.  I will try the new cable.

      The old cable has a PL2303HXA chipset and the new cable has a PL2303HXD which is supposed to work in Windows 8.1.  It is a known error that the old cable will not work with the new updates.

      TMI, I know.

      Levi