8978Re: [BCD396XT] Noise coming from radio

  • agcme2002
    Mar 13, 2014
      Well, the ground loop I'm referring to isn't really the battery cables (though that's a small part).  The loop itself is the loop from the car chassis (where your 396 power cord gets its ground connection), up through the 396's power cord, out the audio jack (shield), into the stereo, and then back to the car chassis.  That is the loop you really need to break which is why I suggested starting with a cheap cord that you can cut the shield.  If the noise is gone you solved the ground loop problem for the 396 and you can buy yourself a ground isolator for the audio cable.
    • Show all 23 messages in this topic