8973Re: [BCD396XT] Noise coming from radio

  • Casey Vitti
    Mar 12, 2014

      Hey had the same problem with a stereo I bought. I use a stereo to mono adapter and a DC filter I had laying around and got a male and female car adapter and spliced in the DC filter. Also I use a magnet antenna

      On Mar 11, 2014 8:46 PM, "red2965 ." <mdmitchell65@...> wrote:

      Here is the results and I guess I should have figured.

      I tried
      without the car adapter just the stereo connection  sounds fine
      With the car adapter and stereo sounds fine
      now I start the vehicle....  whoa there it is. picking up electrical pulses I assume from the charging system.
      in the day I would have to put a resonator on it with this new fangled gadgetry these newer vehicles come with, I don't want to ruin anything and I would have to but it as well.
      thanks for the ideas.

      Mark

      Try different combinations of low receiver audio turning up the stereo and higher receiver audio keeping the stereo volume low and see what happens. The 396xt may be overdriving the stereo amp.