8713Re: [BCD396XT] External speaker

    Jan 1, 2014
      My solution was similar, but I don't care for wires so I use a Bluetooth
      speaker mic for my lapel speaker which provides more than enough
      amplification. A bonus is that my scanner stays at volume level 4 which
      extends the battery life. When I want to be more inconspicuous I use a
      common BT earphone that is paired with my scanner and with my phone.

      Joe M.