8706Re: [BCD396XT] External speaker

  • Warren Hardman
    Jan 1, 2014
      Thanks Rich. I do have a set of powered speakers on my computer. By using powered speakers, does that help make up for the attenuated earphone jack?

      Sent from my iPad

      On Jan 1, 2014, at 2:30 PM, Rich Carlson <rich.n9jig@...> wrote:

      If you have a set of computer style speakers give that a try. I have had good luck with decent computer speakers and my 396. Of course that might not do well in the car... There a decent powered speaker would help. RS has one that works pretty well but many stores don't carry it (you can order it if needed).

      Remember too that the jack on the 396 is actually an earphone jack and is attenuated. You can try grounding the common side of the earphone jack to the antenna ground to bypass the audio attenuator and increase the volume available. It may draw more current from the batteries however.

      On Wed, Jan 1, 2014 at 1:29 PM, Warren Hardman <hardman.warren@...> wrote:
      Can anyone recommend a good powered speaker for my 396xt?

      Sent from my iPad

      Yahoo Groups Links

      <*> Your email settings:
          Individual Email | Traditional